'Skyrim' DLC Release Date: 'Rest Assured, It's Coming,' Bethesda Says, PS3 And Xbox Update To 1.5 [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 6, 2012 6:37 AM EST
Console versions of Bethesda's free-roam RPG "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" have just received the long awaited 1.5 update. The upgrade was made available for PC players in late March, and now Xbox 360 and PlayStation owners will be seeing a host of new features.
One of the most talked about additions is the integration of new killcams, giving projectile weapons and spell attacks a different perspective. New kill moves and animations are also available with the update, according to Bethesda's blog.
"We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support of the game," the company said according to Game Informer.
Statistics have also been posted on the developer's blog, giving gamers an idea of just how much time they've spent in the interactive RPG universe. The average player across all systems has clocked in 85 hours in the game, with 30 percent of gamers playing for more than 100 hours.
With upgraded killcams, enhanced smithing skills, and improved visual transitions, there are sure to be expanded possibilities for players. It's possible that Bethesda also has some new DLC in the works, since its parent company ZeniMax just filed a patent for the term Dawnguard at the end of March.
"In the coming weeks and months, we'll have some exciting news to share on the game. Stay tuned," the company also said, reported the video game magazine.
The developer ensured that DLC is in the works on Twitter when responding to an eager fan.
"Rest assured, it's coming," Bethesda Blog wrote in response to a gamer who tweeted, "I'll just assume there won't be any Skyrim DLC."
The full list of new features included the following:
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor into the created item's value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
A lengthy list of bug fixes is also included in the update, addressing general crash issues and memory optimizations. Be sure to check out Bethesda's blog for the full list.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899