US Silver's 2011 Results Boosted By Rising Prices
By Joseph Orovic | March 31, 2012 7:19 AM EST
U.S. Silver Corp. enjoyed a bountiful 2011, with revenue, net income, and production all increasing, thanks primarily to the rise in the price of silver, while reserves rose for the fifth consecutive year, the company reported on Thursday.
The Toronto-based company reported pretax net income of $21.3 million for the year ended Dec. 31, up from $4.8 million in 2010.
Revenue last year rose to $93.4 million, up 50 percent from $62.4 million the previous year.
A burst in cash flow from operating activities, a 230 percent increase to $29.4 million, saw cash on hand make a similar jump to $27 million from $5.4 million.
U.S. Silver's reserves increased in excess of production again, with proven and probable reserves at 23.2 million ounces of silver, a 1.3 million ounce increase from last year. The Toronto-based company credited exploration at its Galena mine complex in Idaho for the results.
"We are pleased to report solid performance in 2011 with increases in production, revenue, earnings, and cash flow over the previous year," Executive Chairman Gordon Pridham said in a statement. "This has allowed us to make significant investments in the mine, including a doubling of our exploration spending to $3.8 million. Production and revenue vary from quarter to quarter due to timing and grade variability."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares