US Silver's 2011 Results Boosted By Rising Prices
By Joseph Orovic | March 31, 2012 7:19 AM EST
U.S. Silver Corp. enjoyed a bountiful 2011, with revenue, net income, and production all increasing, thanks primarily to the rise in the price of silver, while reserves rose for the fifth consecutive year, the company reported on Thursday.
The Toronto-based company reported pretax net income of $21.3 million for the year ended Dec. 31, up from $4.8 million in 2010.
Revenue last year rose to $93.4 million, up 50 percent from $62.4 million the previous year.
A burst in cash flow from operating activities, a 230 percent increase to $29.4 million, saw cash on hand make a similar jump to $27 million from $5.4 million.
U.S. Silver's reserves increased in excess of production again, with proven and probable reserves at 23.2 million ounces of silver, a 1.3 million ounce increase from last year. The Toronto-based company credited exploration at its Galena mine complex in Idaho for the results.
"We are pleased to report solid performance in 2011 with increases in production, revenue, earnings, and cash flow over the previous year," Executive Chairman Gordon Pridham said in a statement. "This has allowed us to make significant investments in the mine, including a doubling of our exploration spending to $3.8 million. Production and revenue vary from quarter to quarter due to timing and grade variability."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales