US Silver's 2011 Results Boosted By Rising Prices
By Joseph Orovic | March 31, 2012 7:19 AM EST
U.S. Silver Corp. enjoyed a bountiful 2011, with revenue, net income, and production all increasing, thanks primarily to the rise in the price of silver, while reserves rose for the fifth consecutive year, the company reported on Thursday.
The Toronto-based company reported pretax net income of $21.3 million for the year ended Dec. 31, up from $4.8 million in 2010.
Revenue last year rose to $93.4 million, up 50 percent from $62.4 million the previous year.
A burst in cash flow from operating activities, a 230 percent increase to $29.4 million, saw cash on hand make a similar jump to $27 million from $5.4 million.
U.S. Silver's reserves increased in excess of production again, with proven and probable reserves at 23.2 million ounces of silver, a 1.3 million ounce increase from last year. The Toronto-based company credited exploration at its Galena mine complex in Idaho for the results.
"We are pleased to report solid performance in 2011 with increases in production, revenue, earnings, and cash flow over the previous year," Executive Chairman Gordon Pridham said in a statement. "This has allowed us to make significant investments in the mine, including a doubling of our exploration spending to $3.8 million. Production and revenue vary from quarter to quarter due to timing and grade variability."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions