Goldman Sachs Refugee Greg Smith Seeking Book Deal: Report
By J.J. McGrath | March 25, 2012 11:17 AM EST
Greg Smith -- the former executive at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. who put a new spin on the old letter of resignation with his "Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs" op-ed article in the New York Times on March 14 -- apparently would like to amplify on his remarks in book form, according to the newspaper.
A former Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the company's U.S. equity-derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, Smith has presented a book proposal to major publishers in New York, the Times reported Saturday.
"Smith described his book as a coming-of-age story, the tale of someone who came into the business with good intentions and sky-high ideals that were ultimately pierced by Goldman's obsessive focus on making money," the Times said, citing several people who were at the presentation.
In making his noisy departure from Goldman after 12 years, Smith certainly had memorable images aplenty in his Times piece -- such as "Over the last 12 months I have seen five different managing directors refer to their own clients as 'muppets,' sometimes over internal e-mail." -- so it seems a book-length treatment covering the same fertile ground could do quite well in the marketplace.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install