Goldman Sachs Refugee Greg Smith Seeking Book Deal: Report
By J.J. McGrath | March 25, 2012 11:17 AM EST
Greg Smith -- the former executive at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. who put a new spin on the old letter of resignation with his "Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs" op-ed article in the New York Times on March 14 -- apparently would like to amplify on his remarks in book form, according to the newspaper.
A former Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the company's U.S. equity-derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, Smith has presented a book proposal to major publishers in New York, the Times reported Saturday.
"Smith described his book as a coming-of-age story, the tale of someone who came into the business with good intentions and sky-high ideals that were ultimately pierced by Goldman's obsessive focus on making money," the Times said, citing several people who were at the presentation.
In making his noisy departure from Goldman after 12 years, Smith certainly had memorable images aplenty in his Times piece -- such as "Over the last 12 months I have seen five different managing directors refer to their own clients as 'muppets,' sometimes over internal e-mail." -- so it seems a book-length treatment covering the same fertile ground could do quite well in the marketplace.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best