Goldman Sachs Refugee Greg Smith Seeking Book Deal: Report
By J.J. McGrath | March 25, 2012 11:17 AM EST
Greg Smith -- the former executive at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. who put a new spin on the old letter of resignation with his "Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs" op-ed article in the New York Times on March 14 -- apparently would like to amplify on his remarks in book form, according to the newspaper.
A former Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the company's U.S. equity-derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, Smith has presented a book proposal to major publishers in New York, the Times reported Saturday.
"Smith described his book as a coming-of-age story, the tale of someone who came into the business with good intentions and sky-high ideals that were ultimately pierced by Goldman's obsessive focus on making money," the Times said, citing several people who were at the presentation.
In making his noisy departure from Goldman after 12 years, Smith certainly had memorable images aplenty in his Times piece -- such as "Over the last 12 months I have seen five different managing directors refer to their own clients as 'muppets,' sometimes over internal e-mail." -- so it seems a book-length treatment covering the same fertile ground could do quite well in the marketplace.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family