Goldman Sachs Refugee Greg Smith Seeking Book Deal: Report
By J.J. McGrath | March 25, 2012 11:17 AM EST
Greg Smith -- the former executive at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. who put a new spin on the old letter of resignation with his "Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs" op-ed article in the New York Times on March 14 -- apparently would like to amplify on his remarks in book form, according to the newspaper.
A former Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the company's U.S. equity-derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, Smith has presented a book proposal to major publishers in New York, the Times reported Saturday.
"Smith described his book as a coming-of-age story, the tale of someone who came into the business with good intentions and sky-high ideals that were ultimately pierced by Goldman's obsessive focus on making money," the Times said, citing several people who were at the presentation.
In making his noisy departure from Goldman after 12 years, Smith certainly had memorable images aplenty in his Times piece -- such as "Over the last 12 months I have seen five different managing directors refer to their own clients as 'muppets,' sometimes over internal e-mail." -- so it seems a book-length treatment covering the same fertile ground could do quite well in the marketplace.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones