Goldman Sachs Refugee Greg Smith Seeking Book Deal: Report
By J.J. McGrath | March 25, 2012 11:17 AM EST
Greg Smith -- the former executive at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. who put a new spin on the old letter of resignation with his "Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs" op-ed article in the New York Times on March 14 -- apparently would like to amplify on his remarks in book form, according to the newspaper.
A former Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the company's U.S. equity-derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, Smith has presented a book proposal to major publishers in New York, the Times reported Saturday.
"Smith described his book as a coming-of-age story, the tale of someone who came into the business with good intentions and sky-high ideals that were ultimately pierced by Goldman's obsessive focus on making money," the Times said, citing several people who were at the presentation.
In making his noisy departure from Goldman after 12 years, Smith certainly had memorable images aplenty in his Times piece -- such as "Over the last 12 months I have seen five different managing directors refer to their own clients as 'muppets,' sometimes over internal e-mail." -- so it seems a book-length treatment covering the same fertile ground could do quite well in the marketplace.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop