Kentucky vs Indiana: FREE Live Stream, Prediction, Preview and TV Schedule for the NCAA Tournament 2012 Sweet 16 Game
March 24, 2012 10:16 AM EST
Two traditional powers meet Friday night in the Sweet 16, when the No. 1-seeded Kentucky Wildcats (34-2) face the No. 4-seeded Indiana Hoosiers (27-8) at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
The tipoff takes place at about 9:45 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on CBS.
If you're looking to watch the game online, it can be seen on March Madness On Demand, which shows every NCAA Men's Tournament game for a one-time payment of $3.99.
Coke Zero is offering free access to the March Madness stream if you sign up for Coke Zero texting alerts with standard text messaging rates applied. In order to get access to the free live stream, you text the number zero with your favorite team to 2653. After sending the text message, you should get a code to use at ncaa.com/cokezero.
The Wildcats breezed past Western Kentucky and Iowa State in their first two tournament games. While Western Kentucky didn't pose much of a threat to the Wildcats, John Calipari's squad showed up in the second half against Iowa State to hold off the Cyclones.
Darius Miller and Marquis Teague stepped up, as Kentucky shot an outstanding 55.4 percent from the field, and 50 percent from beyond the arc.
Calipari has a legitimate weapon in Anthony Davis. Though the freshman doesn't always put up big scoring numbers, he is a major presence on the floor, and defenses know to converge on him when he is in a position to shoot. Against Iowa State, Davis led all players with 12 rebounds.
Kentucky have dominated their opponents this season, but they will be facing an Indiana squad that has already defeated them this season. On Dec. 10, Christian Watford hit a buzzer-beating three-pointer to stun the top-ranked Wildcats at Bloomington.
The win was part of Indiana's 12-game winning streak. Since then, the Hoosiers have had some uneven play, but have recently turned it around. They have won seven of their last eight games, and they held off two rather difficult opponents in the tournament: New Mexico State, and Virginia Commonwealth.
Against VCU, Will Sheehey hit the late-game 15-foot shot to propel Tom Crean's squad to the Sweet 16. It was the strong defensive effort by the Hoosiers that helped them outlast VCU, because Indiana shot just 36 percent and finished with a season-high 22 turnovers.
Indiana will likely bounce back from all the missed shots in the third round, which should make for an interesting game with Kentucky. Cody Zeller, one of the best freshman big men in the nation, turned the ball over four times, but he has shot the ball well this season, and in the tournament.
Kentucky and Indiana represent two college-basketball powerhouses. Between the two schools, there are 12 NCAA Men's Basketball titles.
The winner will meet the winner of Baylor - Xavier.
PREDICTION: Kentucky should be favored, but don't count out Indiana. The Hoosiers will take better control of the ball and will focus on shot selection after their troubles against VCU. However, Calipari's squad are simply too talented, and have revenge on their minds after the loss to Indiana in December. Expect Miller to have a big game, and the Wildcats to pull away from a tight contest in the final 10 minutes.
PREDICTED SCORE: Kentucky over Indiana, 66-59
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown