Kentucky vs Indiana: FREE Live Stream, Prediction, Preview and TV Schedule for the NCAA Tournament 2012 Sweet 16 Game
March 24, 2012 10:16 AM EST
Two traditional powers meet Friday night in the Sweet 16, when the No. 1-seeded Kentucky Wildcats (34-2) face the No. 4-seeded Indiana Hoosiers (27-8) at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
The tipoff takes place at about 9:45 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on CBS.
If you're looking to watch the game online, it can be seen on March Madness On Demand, which shows every NCAA Men's Tournament game for a one-time payment of $3.99.
Coke Zero is offering free access to the March Madness stream if you sign up for Coke Zero texting alerts with standard text messaging rates applied. In order to get access to the free live stream, you text the number zero with your favorite team to 2653. After sending the text message, you should get a code to use at ncaa.com/cokezero.
The Wildcats breezed past Western Kentucky and Iowa State in their first two tournament games. While Western Kentucky didn't pose much of a threat to the Wildcats, John Calipari's squad showed up in the second half against Iowa State to hold off the Cyclones.
Darius Miller and Marquis Teague stepped up, as Kentucky shot an outstanding 55.4 percent from the field, and 50 percent from beyond the arc.
Calipari has a legitimate weapon in Anthony Davis. Though the freshman doesn't always put up big scoring numbers, he is a major presence on the floor, and defenses know to converge on him when he is in a position to shoot. Against Iowa State, Davis led all players with 12 rebounds.
Kentucky have dominated their opponents this season, but they will be facing an Indiana squad that has already defeated them this season. On Dec. 10, Christian Watford hit a buzzer-beating three-pointer to stun the top-ranked Wildcats at Bloomington.
The win was part of Indiana's 12-game winning streak. Since then, the Hoosiers have had some uneven play, but have recently turned it around. They have won seven of their last eight games, and they held off two rather difficult opponents in the tournament: New Mexico State, and Virginia Commonwealth.
Against VCU, Will Sheehey hit the late-game 15-foot shot to propel Tom Crean's squad to the Sweet 16. It was the strong defensive effort by the Hoosiers that helped them outlast VCU, because Indiana shot just 36 percent and finished with a season-high 22 turnovers.
Indiana will likely bounce back from all the missed shots in the third round, which should make for an interesting game with Kentucky. Cody Zeller, one of the best freshman big men in the nation, turned the ball over four times, but he has shot the ball well this season, and in the tournament.
Kentucky and Indiana represent two college-basketball powerhouses. Between the two schools, there are 12 NCAA Men's Basketball titles.
The winner will meet the winner of Baylor - Xavier.
PREDICTION: Kentucky should be favored, but don't count out Indiana. The Hoosiers will take better control of the ball and will focus on shot selection after their troubles against VCU. However, Calipari's squad are simply too talented, and have revenge on their minds after the loss to Indiana in December. Expect Miller to have a big game, and the Wildcats to pull away from a tight contest in the final 10 minutes.
PREDICTED SCORE: Kentucky over Indiana, 66-59
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’