Kentucky vs Indiana: FREE Live Stream, Prediction, Preview and TV Schedule for the NCAA Tournament 2012 Sweet 16 Game
March 24, 2012 10:16 AM EST
Two traditional powers meet Friday night in the Sweet 16, when the No. 1-seeded Kentucky Wildcats (34-2) face the No. 4-seeded Indiana Hoosiers (27-8) at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
The tipoff takes place at about 9:45 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on CBS.
If you're looking to watch the game online, it can be seen on March Madness On Demand, which shows every NCAA Men's Tournament game for a one-time payment of $3.99.
Coke Zero is offering free access to the March Madness stream if you sign up for Coke Zero texting alerts with standard text messaging rates applied. In order to get access to the free live stream, you text the number zero with your favorite team to 2653. After sending the text message, you should get a code to use at ncaa.com/cokezero.
The Wildcats breezed past Western Kentucky and Iowa State in their first two tournament games. While Western Kentucky didn't pose much of a threat to the Wildcats, John Calipari's squad showed up in the second half against Iowa State to hold off the Cyclones.
Darius Miller and Marquis Teague stepped up, as Kentucky shot an outstanding 55.4 percent from the field, and 50 percent from beyond the arc.
Calipari has a legitimate weapon in Anthony Davis. Though the freshman doesn't always put up big scoring numbers, he is a major presence on the floor, and defenses know to converge on him when he is in a position to shoot. Against Iowa State, Davis led all players with 12 rebounds.
Kentucky have dominated their opponents this season, but they will be facing an Indiana squad that has already defeated them this season. On Dec. 10, Christian Watford hit a buzzer-beating three-pointer to stun the top-ranked Wildcats at Bloomington.
The win was part of Indiana's 12-game winning streak. Since then, the Hoosiers have had some uneven play, but have recently turned it around. They have won seven of their last eight games, and they held off two rather difficult opponents in the tournament: New Mexico State, and Virginia Commonwealth.
Against VCU, Will Sheehey hit the late-game 15-foot shot to propel Tom Crean's squad to the Sweet 16. It was the strong defensive effort by the Hoosiers that helped them outlast VCU, because Indiana shot just 36 percent and finished with a season-high 22 turnovers.
Indiana will likely bounce back from all the missed shots in the third round, which should make for an interesting game with Kentucky. Cody Zeller, one of the best freshman big men in the nation, turned the ball over four times, but he has shot the ball well this season, and in the tournament.
Kentucky and Indiana represent two college-basketball powerhouses. Between the two schools, there are 12 NCAA Men's Basketball titles.
The winner will meet the winner of Baylor - Xavier.
PREDICTION: Kentucky should be favored, but don't count out Indiana. The Hoosiers will take better control of the ball and will focus on shot selection after their troubles against VCU. However, Calipari's squad are simply too talented, and have revenge on their minds after the loss to Indiana in December. Expect Miller to have a big game, and the Wildcats to pull away from a tight contest in the final 10 minutes.
PREDICTED SCORE: Kentucky over Indiana, 66-59
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced