Florian Birsak Performs Newly Discovered Mozart Piece For First Time In Composer's Austrian Home
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 24, 2012 5:57 AM EST
A newly discovered Mozart piece recently found in an attic in Austria was performed for the first time at his Salzburg home in Austria.
The piece was thought to have been composed in 1767 or 1768 when Mozart was just 10 years old. It was found in a 160 page handwritten notebook, thought to be written by Mozart's father, in an attic in Tyrol, Austria.
The four minute, 84-bar passage piece was performed at Mozart's childhood home on his original piano by Florian Birsak. The piece was entitled 'Del Signore Giovane Wolfgango Mozart' which is Italian for "Mr. Wolfgang Mozart Jr."
"It's not just anyone's piece, there is already a touch of the great Mozart he later became," said Birsak to BBC.
The newly found piece has "a series of components that are found repeatedly in other Mozart piano works," said the Mozarteum Salzburg Foundation, who hosted the event, in a statement. "Judging by the current level of knowledge, it thus has to be a genuine sonata phrase from Mozart."
This isn't the first Mozart piece to be discovered recently. In 2009 two pieces were found that are said to have been written by Mozart when he was seven or eight.
View video of the performance here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Naked Russian Artist Strikes Anew, Cuts Off Earlobes To Protest Return Of Soviet-Era Policies
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand