Florian Birsak Performs Newly Discovered Mozart Piece For First Time In Composer's Austrian Home
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 24, 2012 5:57 AM EST
A newly discovered Mozart piece recently found in an attic in Austria was performed for the first time at his Salzburg home in Austria.
The piece was thought to have been composed in 1767 or 1768 when Mozart was just 10 years old. It was found in a 160 page handwritten notebook, thought to be written by Mozart's father, in an attic in Tyrol, Austria.
The four minute, 84-bar passage piece was performed at Mozart's childhood home on his original piano by Florian Birsak. The piece was entitled 'Del Signore Giovane Wolfgango Mozart' which is Italian for "Mr. Wolfgang Mozart Jr."
"It's not just anyone's piece, there is already a touch of the great Mozart he later became," said Birsak to BBC.
The newly found piece has "a series of components that are found repeatedly in other Mozart piano works," said the Mozarteum Salzburg Foundation, who hosted the event, in a statement. "Judging by the current level of knowledge, it thus has to be a genuine sonata phrase from Mozart."
This isn't the first Mozart piece to be discovered recently. In 2009 two pieces were found that are said to have been written by Mozart when he was seven or eight.
View video of the performance here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes