Florian Birsak Performs Newly Discovered Mozart Piece For First Time In Composer's Austrian Home
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 24, 2012 5:57 AM EST
A newly discovered Mozart piece recently found in an attic in Austria was performed for the first time at his Salzburg home in Austria.
The piece was thought to have been composed in 1767 or 1768 when Mozart was just 10 years old. It was found in a 160 page handwritten notebook, thought to be written by Mozart's father, in an attic in Tyrol, Austria.
The four minute, 84-bar passage piece was performed at Mozart's childhood home on his original piano by Florian Birsak. The piece was entitled 'Del Signore Giovane Wolfgango Mozart' which is Italian for "Mr. Wolfgang Mozart Jr."
"It's not just anyone's piece, there is already a touch of the great Mozart he later became," said Birsak to BBC.
The newly found piece has "a series of components that are found repeatedly in other Mozart piano works," said the Mozarteum Salzburg Foundation, who hosted the event, in a statement. "Judging by the current level of knowledge, it thus has to be a genuine sonata phrase from Mozart."
This isn't the first Mozart piece to be discovered recently. In 2009 two pieces were found that are said to have been written by Mozart when he was seven or eight.
View video of the performance here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More