Florian Birsak Performs Newly Discovered Mozart Piece For First Time In Composer's Austrian Home
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 24, 2012 5:57 AM EST
A newly discovered Mozart piece recently found in an attic in Austria was performed for the first time at his Salzburg home in Austria.
The piece was thought to have been composed in 1767 or 1768 when Mozart was just 10 years old. It was found in a 160 page handwritten notebook, thought to be written by Mozart's father, in an attic in Tyrol, Austria.
The four minute, 84-bar passage piece was performed at Mozart's childhood home on his original piano by Florian Birsak. The piece was entitled 'Del Signore Giovane Wolfgango Mozart' which is Italian for "Mr. Wolfgang Mozart Jr."
"It's not just anyone's piece, there is already a touch of the great Mozart he later became," said Birsak to BBC.
The newly found piece has "a series of components that are found repeatedly in other Mozart piano works," said the Mozarteum Salzburg Foundation, who hosted the event, in a statement. "Judging by the current level of knowledge, it thus has to be a genuine sonata phrase from Mozart."
This isn't the first Mozart piece to be discovered recently. In 2009 two pieces were found that are said to have been written by Mozart when he was seven or eight.
View video of the performance here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists