Ugandan Govt to take 80 Pct of oil profits
July 1, 2010 2:08 PM EST
The Ugandan government said Wednesday it will take up to 80 percent of the oil revenue if the production levels are high.
After almost two years of persistent demands by the legislators, energy and mineral development minster Hillary Onek finally signed the agreement, but kept the details confidential.
Onek stressed that the agreements compare well with those of oil and gas producing countries, which normally have good agreements due to reduced geological risks.
"The total take for the country is on average 70 percent and yet these agreements were negotiated at a time when Uganda was not among countries known to have oil resources," Onek said.
According to Onek, the Ugandan government had signed agreements with seven companies: Fina Exploration, Heritage, Hardman Resources, Heritage Oil and Gas and Energy, Neptune Petroleum and Dominion Uganda.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Economic Growth In US And Sub-Saharan Africa Allay 2015 Recession Fears
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier