Chris Brown Twitter Photo: A Rihanna Break-Up? Refuses to Dump Karrueche Tran, Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 23, 2012 1:08 AM EST
Chris Brown's Twitter photo is sparking major speculations that he may be hurting because of a break-up with Rihanna after refusing to dump girlfriend, Karrueche Tran. There have been recent rumors that the two were back together.
Brown has changed his Twitter profile photo to the heartbreaking Vincent van Gogh painting known as the "Sorrowing Old Man (At Eternity's Gate)." His tweets also decreased to 10, according to his Twitter page and the last post was at 1:52 a.m. Thursday.
It read, "At Eternity's Gate."
The Van Gogh oil painting was done in 1890 and was completed when he was convalescing from a bad health relapse and some two months before his death, according to Wikipedia.
Brown, 22, has been rumored to be in a heated love triangle with Rihanna and Tran. The two have been arguing via Twitter and other social networking sites for long time.
The celebrity gossip website Hollywood Life has reported that it seems as if Brown was dumped by the 24-year-old Barbadian beauty once more.
"We're thinking that Rihanna, 24, may have dumped him once more, causing him to get depressed and introspective!" the website stated.
Brown and Rihanna split in 2009 after he assaulted her the night before the Grammys. Pictures of Rihanna's bruised face and court documents stating what happened that night were leaked online.
Somehow Rihanna managed to forgive Brown for the incident and remained civil. They both recently released songs with the other featured.
Rihanna told Ryan Seacrest that Brown was the hottest thing out right now in R&B and she could not see anyone else on her "Birthday Cake" track. The singer said she and Brown ended up recording the songs at the same and that she reached out to him "because that's the only person that, really, it made sense to do the record with, just as a musician."
Rihanna told Seacrest that "Despite everything else, that was going to be the person."
In return, Brown asked her to sing on his track.
Since then, the rumors of the two getting back together began getting louder. However, neither Rihanna nor Brown confirmed or denied anything.
"It was a trade off," she told Seacrest of the collaborations. "We did two records: one for my fans, one for his fans and that way our fans can come together. There shouldn't be a divide. It's music and it's innocent."
An Social Media Spat
But things also got ugly, especially between Rihanna and Tran.
Reports are that Rihanna took shot at Tran on her Twitter pager when she wrote, "Sweeter than a rice cake, cake worth sipping."
Speculations are that "rice cake" was intended to take a jab at Tran's Vietnamese heritage.
Rihanna also tweeted a photo of a rice cake allegedly dressed like Brown's model girlfriend in her signature hoop earrings and sunglasses.
Tran also shot back on Facebook page by posting Nicki minaj's lyric "I win you loose!!! [sic] *nicki voice*"
Tran's friend later posted another Minaj verse that read, "I'm Angelina, you Jennifer / C'mon b---h, you see where Brad at."
Rihanna then charged once more with some lyrics from rapper Lil Kim, who is a known rival of Minaj. Those lyrics read, "I'm a leader, yall on some followin sh-t...comin in dis game on some modeling sh-t!"
Called It A Day?
While celebrating with family on March 17, Rihanna tweeted "Dry cry, even tears...even my heart cries, but who cares?! Whose fault? No one, but myself!"
She later tweeted, "Wordz can't explain! E"
Those were the words to the song "Just One of Those Days" by Jamaican reggae artist Sizzla. It may be an indication that Rihanna has called it a day with pursuing her ex.
The day after, reports are that Tran posted to Brown, "Damn you's a sexy bitch @chrisbrown!"
Rihanna then tweeted, "More Oral, No Morals!!!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists