Deion Sanders Lawsuit: Deiondra Wasn't Lying Calling Pilar A ‘Gold Diggin' H-e,' Report
By Laura Matthews | March 22, 2012 7:15 AM EST
Deion Sanders has reportedly shot back at the $200 million lawsuit filed by his estranged wife, Pilar, by saying she has no grounds to sue for defamation because his daughter Deiondra wasn't lying when she tweeted that Pilar was a "gold digging h-e." He also said no malice was intended, according to TMZ.
Pilar filed the defamation lawsuit last month against her husband and his daughter. She claimed in the lawsuit that her husband, his daughter and others were responsible for several emotional and physical abuse.
It has been alleged that this caused Pilar mental suffering and public humiliation as well as financial losses.
But TMZ reported that the NFL player said that the insult didn't hurt Pilar's reputation and is not worth that much money.
"Any statements made by any defendants were true, did not create a false impression ... and were not malicious," TMZ quoted Sanders' response to Pilar's suit.
There was also a reported second lawsuit involving an alleged assault at the couple's home last month.
Following Pilar's lawsuit filing, Sanders told the host of The Ben and Skin Show on ESPN Dallas 103.3FM, that it's "just like me suing a homeless dude for a burger and some fries."
TMZ has said that Pilar claimed that the Twitter rant was another example of the humiliation she was forced to endure during the couple's marriage.
Deiondra has several tweets from last month that aimed at Pilar.
On Feb. 8 she tweeted, "PILAR i don think you got the memo but NOBODY CARES anymore. LOL PLEASE TAKE TMZ OFF SPEED DIAL. Its time to move on and go be a mom LOL."
That same day she also posted an audio of Pilar allegedly arguing with an aunt.
The tweets continued that day and read, "Its Pilar not my dad! He is not with the drama! She calls tmz every week:( RT @necolebitchie: Pilar & Deion sanders are doing way too much
"I may be immature but I refuse to let someone sit there & LIE on my dad EVERY SINGLE WEEK. I am gonna do w/e I can to prove 2 u the TRUTH!!
"STOP telling me2stay out of grown ppl business. 1.I'mNOT a child! 2.Their business is all over the net bc of Pilar,I might as well comment!
"It would be one thing if I am making the phones calls! Im putting it on the blogs! BUT I'm NOT! have u notice every blog says " PILAR SAY"?
"I just comment on what HAS ALREADY been on the blogs BC of Pilar calling in. So maybe u should tell PiLAR to SToP putting their business out."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage