Japanese carmarkers to recall 100,000 vehicles in Japan
By Srikanth Srinivasa | July 1, 2010 5:20 AM EST
While Toyota Motor will recall 50,738 vehicles, Honda will recall 24,522, and Nissan 35,964 vehicles built in 2000-2001 due to problems with the airbag inflator in the passenger seat that causes shards to fly out when the airbag opens, reports quoting ministry said.
The recalls affect vehicles built in 2000-2001 including Toyota's popular Corolla, Honda's Fit and Nissan's Cube, the reports said.
Quoting officials, local media reports said Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi Motor also issued separate recalls due to faulty seat belts that fail to buckle up, adding that the recall also affects cars built this year including 101 Toyotas, 4,020 Nissans and 1,600 Mitsubishi Motors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy