Japanese carmarkers to recall 100,000 vehicles in Japan
By Srikanth Srinivasa | July 1, 2010 5:20 AM EST
While Toyota Motor will recall 50,738 vehicles, Honda will recall 24,522, and Nissan 35,964 vehicles built in 2000-2001 due to problems with the airbag inflator in the passenger seat that causes shards to fly out when the airbag opens, reports quoting ministry said.
The recalls affect vehicles built in 2000-2001 including Toyota's popular Corolla, Honda's Fit and Nissan's Cube, the reports said.
Quoting officials, local media reports said Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi Motor also issued separate recalls due to faulty seat belts that fail to buckle up, adding that the recall also affects cars built this year including 101 Toyotas, 4,020 Nissans and 1,600 Mitsubishi Motors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced