US Futures pare gains after ADP data
By Nagendra Padala | July 1, 2010 3:54 AM EST
Futures on major U.S. stock indices pared earlier gains after Automatic Data processing (ADP) reported that private employment increased less than economists' estimate in June.
The ADP National Employment Report which measures the monthly change of nonfarm private employment increased 13,000 from May to June 2010 on a seasonally adjusted basis. But the growth is far below from the economists' estimate at 58,000. The ADP doesn't count public-sector jobs and the data came just two days before the government's non-farm payrolls report released on Friday.
Futures on the S&P 500 are up 0.23 percent after gaining as much as 0.70 percent earlier, futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average are up 0.21 percent and Nasdaq100 futures are up 0.17 percent.
Earlier today futures gained as Europe confidence rose after ECB said it lends less than forecast in three-month tender and German unemployment fell for twelfth consecutive month in June.
The euro recovered from yesterday’s low and is currently trading at 1.2258 against dollar by gaining 0.58 percent and 108.15 against yen.
European markets entered into negative region after disappointing US jobs data. FTSE 100 fell 0.28 percent, DAX30 fell 0.15 percent and CAC 40 declined 0.59 percent.
Crude oil futures gained 0.13 percent after rising as much as 0.78 percent on Wednesday and Copper futures turned into negative after gaining as much as1.26 percent earlier this morning. In precious metal sector, gold fell 0.28 percent after gaining 0.19 percent and silver marginally gained 0.03 percent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus on the Loose: World Cautioned as Infection Moves; Global Airports on High Alert; Kills Liberian Doctor, Infects American Worker
- Advisory: Britons Told to Leave Libya ASAP, UK Issues Travel Ban
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Multi-Million Pound Law Suit Looms Over Putin’s Head, Assets At Risk
- Magaluf 2014 Update: Spanish Bar Where Teen Performed Sex Acts Closed, to Pay $78K Fine Along with Carnage Event Planner (VIDEOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian International Condemnation Extends to 2018 World Cup
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6