US Futures pare gains after ADP data
By Nagendra Padala | July 1, 2010 3:54 AM EST
Futures on major U.S. stock indices pared earlier gains after Automatic Data processing (ADP) reported that private employment increased less than economists' estimate in June.
The ADP National Employment Report which measures the monthly change of nonfarm private employment increased 13,000 from May to June 2010 on a seasonally adjusted basis. But the growth is far below from the economists' estimate at 58,000. The ADP doesn't count public-sector jobs and the data came just two days before the government's non-farm payrolls report released on Friday.
Futures on the S&P 500 are up 0.23 percent after gaining as much as 0.70 percent earlier, futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average are up 0.21 percent and Nasdaq100 futures are up 0.17 percent.
Earlier today futures gained as Europe confidence rose after ECB said it lends less than forecast in three-month tender and German unemployment fell for twelfth consecutive month in June.
The euro recovered from yesterday’s low and is currently trading at 1.2258 against dollar by gaining 0.58 percent and 108.15 against yen.
European markets entered into negative region after disappointing US jobs data. FTSE 100 fell 0.28 percent, DAX30 fell 0.15 percent and CAC 40 declined 0.59 percent.
Crude oil futures gained 0.13 percent after rising as much as 0.78 percent on Wednesday and Copper futures turned into negative after gaining as much as1.26 percent earlier this morning. In precious metal sector, gold fell 0.28 percent after gaining 0.19 percent and silver marginally gained 0.03 percent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday August 26, 2014
- Survey Says Many Investors Unaware of True State of Stock Market
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning August 27, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning August 26, 2014
- 3 Keys to Real Estate Selling Success, According to Aussie Superstar Agent
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features