New iPad Faces Heat and Battery Issues
By Mary Elaine Ramos | March 21, 2012 2:42 AM EST
There were many positive reviews regarding the launch of Apple's latest tablet offering called the "new iPad". The positive response was due to the latest features and specifications included in the new iPad. Despite the positive response, there are now reports stating that the new iPad has battery and heat issues.
Most of the information regarding the issues of the new iPad came about from users that posted the said problem in different forums. Two of the most common problems were battery issues as well as being too "warm" but not necessarily overheating. Here is sample post from the user masterblingpimp:
I just received an iPad 3 White 32GB WIFI, unfortunately, when holding it in portrait mode, the iPad WARMS UP (not overheat) on the left, near the bottom, where my hands would be.
Anyone else notice this?
The response regarding this question seems to be all in agreement in regards to having the same trouble with their new iPad. There are also cases (although rare) where the iPad shuts down and a message stating "the iPad needs to cool down" will pop up.
According to CNET, the new iPad's larger battery and faster chip can be the cause of the heat problem. Aside from that, all Apple iOS mobile products do not have a fan which can help in keeping down the temperature of the device when in use. The issue about overheating is not news for Apple products since early versions of the MacBook Pro reportedly experienced the same issues before but this issue has now been addressed. In terms of battery issues, the problem seems to be on the amount of time that the new iPad needs to be charged. According to some users, it takes 15 minutes for the new iPad to reach 1% charge while other users claim that charging the new iPad took about 6 hours and 30 minutes before reaching 100%.
Despite these issues regarding the new iPad, Apple revealed that the company has sold 3 million new iPad since it was rolled out in the market last March 16. The features of the new iPad like Retina Display and 4G LTE connectivity were identified as the main selling point of the product. Here is an excerpt from the press release by Apple:
"The new iPad is a blockbuster with three million sold-the strongest iPad launch yet. Customers are loving the incredible new features of iPad, including the stunning Retina display, and we can't wait to get it into the hands of even more customers around the world this Friday."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report