HTC One X Release Date: Will The New LTE Smartphone Rival The IPhone 5? Rumored For June Launch [SPECS]
By Lisa Eadicicco | March 20, 2012 7:20 AM EST
When it comes to new smartphones and tablets, LTE technology is one of the most up and coming features to hit the mobile market. Rumors and speculations say that devices such as the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 will sport the high-speed Internet connection, but a new smartphone from HTC may bump its way into the competition.
With Sprint's LTE network expanding, HTC may be a launching a new device as early as this June.
The new smartphone, called the HTC Jet, will feature a 1.5 GHz dual core processor, a Corning Gorilla Glass for its interface and 1GB of RAM. Also known as the HTC One X, the name 'Jet' may be just a codename at this point, according to UnwiredView.com. Other sources report that the phone may also be referred to as the "Jewel."
The US release date is rumored for June 10 for Sprint carriers, and no date has been given for AT&T. However, smartphone users in the UK may be able to get their hands on the device as early as April 6th, reported Rethink Wireless.
However, competing against the next generation iPhone may prove to be a difficult endeavor. According to a recent survey from J.D. Power and Associates, Apple came out on top when rated in a smartphone satisfaction survey. The company received a score of 839 points out of 1,000. HTC came in second place, with a score of 798.
But sales numbers seem to tell a different story. This past November HTC took the lead in smartphone sales, placing above Samsung and Apple. Last April, Business Insider obtained information from BTIG that revealed that Verizon stores around the country sold more HTC devices that iPhones.
Of the locations that research analyst Walter Piecyk spoke to, 61 percent said they were selling equal amounts, 28 percent said the HTC Thunderbolt was selling better, and 11 percent said the iPhone was taking the lead in sales.
It's too soon to say whether or not the new HTC product will outshine the iPhone 5, but the two are sure to be in some stiff competition upon release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Fate of MH370, MH17 Trigger Mass Resignation of Crew in Malaysia Airlines
- ISIS $3 Million Daily Oil Revenues Fund Operations; Obama to Build International Coalition to Widen Assault
- James Foley's Family and Boss Reject Syrian Claim of Foley Killed A Year Ago
- British Cleric Accused of Urging James Foley Executioner; Predicted ISIS Will Fight in the West
- Amish Girls Abducted, Handcuffed And Used As Sex Slaves
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?