HTC One X Release Date: Will The New LTE Smartphone Rival The IPhone 5? Rumored For June Launch [SPECS]
By Lisa Eadicicco | March 20, 2012 7:20 AM EST
When it comes to new smartphones and tablets, LTE technology is one of the most up and coming features to hit the mobile market. Rumors and speculations say that devices such as the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 will sport the high-speed Internet connection, but a new smartphone from HTC may bump its way into the competition.
With Sprint's LTE network expanding, HTC may be a launching a new device as early as this June.
The new smartphone, called the HTC Jet, will feature a 1.5 GHz dual core processor, a Corning Gorilla Glass for its interface and 1GB of RAM. Also known as the HTC One X, the name 'Jet' may be just a codename at this point, according to UnwiredView.com. Other sources report that the phone may also be referred to as the "Jewel."
The US release date is rumored for June 10 for Sprint carriers, and no date has been given for AT&T. However, smartphone users in the UK may be able to get their hands on the device as early as April 6th, reported Rethink Wireless.
However, competing against the next generation iPhone may prove to be a difficult endeavor. According to a recent survey from J.D. Power and Associates, Apple came out on top when rated in a smartphone satisfaction survey. The company received a score of 839 points out of 1,000. HTC came in second place, with a score of 798.
But sales numbers seem to tell a different story. This past November HTC took the lead in smartphone sales, placing above Samsung and Apple. Last April, Business Insider obtained information from BTIG that revealed that Verizon stores around the country sold more HTC devices that iPhones.
Of the locations that research analyst Walter Piecyk spoke to, 61 percent said they were selling equal amounts, 28 percent said the HTC Thunderbolt was selling better, and 11 percent said the iPhone was taking the lead in sales.
It's too soon to say whether or not the new HTC product will outshine the iPhone 5, but the two are sure to be in some stiff competition upon release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet