Osama Bin Laden's Obama Assassination Plot: Joe Biden 'Unprepared' For Presidency, Al-Qaeda Chief Claimed
By IBTimes Reporter | March 17, 2012 3:34 AM EST
Slain al-Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden plotted to kill President Barack Obama because he believed Vice President Joe Biden was ill-prepared to lead the country, according to soon-to-be released declassified documents first obtained by The Washington Post.
Osama bin Laden also wanted to kill Gen. David Petraeus and ordered al-Qaeda to set special terror cells into motion to take action, although the plots were never a serious threat, the Post reported.
Why did bin Laden want to assassinate the president?
"Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make (Vice President Joe) Biden take over the presidency. ... Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the U.S. into a crisis," bin Laden said to a top lieutenant, according to the Post." As for Petraeus, he is the man of the hour ... and killing him would alter the war's path" in Afghanistan.
The Washington Post obtained the documents, which are declassifed and will soon be made available to the public. They were taken from the May 2 raid on bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Bin Laden was shot and killed during the raid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Canada’s Anti-Prostitution Law Soon: Critics Call it Draconian
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health