Apple iPad 3 Release: The Best Cases, Covers And Carriers For The New iPad [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | March 17, 2012 12:23 AM EST
The Apple iPad 3 release date has finally arrived. Hoards of Apple fans have already lined to up in order to be the first to get their hands on the newest tablet. The iPad 3 will hit shelves in the U.S. and nine other countries at 8 a.m. local time.
The Wall Street Journal reported on the first sales that took place down under in Australia, where about 200 people were lined up around the block outside the Apple flagship store in Sydney. In Tokyo, more than 450 people were queued along a two-block stretch in the upscale neighborhood of Ginza.
Apple is hoping to hold onto its approximate 60 percent share of the tablet market with the new iPad. The iPad 3 comes complete with a sharp retina display, 4G LTE capability, voice dictation, updated iSight camera, a sleek frame similar to that of the iPad 2 and price within the $499 to $829 range.
Of course, after purchasing your new iPad you are going to need a case, cover and/or carrier. Here are some of the best options available to keep your iPad 3 safe from any harm.
- Apple iPad Smart Cover: Apple's iPad Smart Cover is one of the best out there. Simply snap the magnetic hinge of the Smart Cover in place and BAM! an instantly revitalized iPad. The Smart Cover is thin and sleek to it will complement the body of your iPad 3. The cover folds up so you can move it to make your iPad stand at different angles. Close the cover and your iPad will go to sleep. These covers come in a rainbow of colors and polyurethane or leather material. (Apple, $39)
- ZAGG Leather Skins: "Timeless" and "stylish" are two words that come to mind when one see the ZAGG Leather Skins for the new iPad. This is the cover one would picture Don Draper using if iPad existed in "Mad Men" land. Buy the cover plus an invisibleSHIELD screen coverage for ultimate protection. (zagg.com, $39.99-$79.98)
- Cygnett: Cygnett's High-Class Case for the iPad 3 will keep your tablet looking stylish each and every day. The bright red of the patent leather is truly eye-catching and the case includes a fold-over cover for double protection. It also converts into a stand and includes a magnetic on/off feature. (us.cygnett.com, $59.99)
- Dodocase: Dodocase has updated its classic case for the iPad 3. The Dodcase's most popular journal-style case has been updated for Apple's new tablet. Splashes of color have been thrown in, including: Granite/Poppy, Meadow/Lake, Tahoe/Sunrise and Sandy/Earth. The case is made with an eco-friendly bamboo tray and bookbinding cloth. It is handcrafted in San Francisco using traditional bookbinding techniques. (Dodocase.com, $79.95)
- iLuv: The iLuv CEOFolio case for the iPad 3 is a briefcase, folder and iPad case all in one. The sturdy black leather will hid any dirt or stains while protecting your iPad inside. There are numerous pocket slots for business cards, credit cards, IDs and more. The case also comes with an ePen stylus holder and a slot for a note pad (though not included). (i-luv.com, $79.99)
- Marc Jacobs Quilted iPad Case: For the ladies, Marc Jacobs makes a stunning quilted iPad case that looks like a handbag - with a zip top, quilted body jewelry-like curb chain shoulder strap with lambskin inset and cotton-blend lining to protect the screen of your tablet. The timeless look is complemented with fun, candy colors including pink, coral, berry and bright yellow. (Neiman Marcus, $495)
- Oakley Alpha Charlie Messenger Bag: For the gentlemen, the Oakley Alpha Charlie messenger bag is a cool, urban carrying case for your iPad 3 while you are on the move. The weatherproof material will keep your tablet safe from any external harm and the multi-colored body gives it a flashy look. It even comes stocked with headphones. Added bonus! (Oakley, $100)
- Palmer & Sons HipBag No. 19: This is one good looking iPad carrier. Mad with an interior strap and felt back padding to keep your iPad 3 safe, this carrier also includes 10 oz London Tan Bridle Leather; brass rivets throughout; panic clasp closures; and dimensions of approximately 9.25" x 8" x 2.5." (palmerandsons.ca, $310 Canadian Dollars)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Netizens Debate on True Owner of Manny Pacquiao Facebook Page Amid Report of Lost $585,000 Rolex
- Manny Pacquiao Recovers $585,000 Gold Rolex Watch Left in a Hotel Restroom
- Gucci Launches Own Makeup Collection In Partnership With Makeup Artist Pat McGrath
- Five Countries that Produce the Best Chocolate
- Top 10 Best Ever Tequila Cocktails
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features