Q1 GDP figures to be released 12 July in UK
June 30, 2010 4:33 AM EST
Final revised GDP figures for growth in the UK are to be released late after a 'potential error' in the data led to concerns over its reliability.
Stephen Penneck, who made the announcement today said that, "It is important to ensure the national accounts are right, rather than disseminate statistics that might be subject to question over their quality."
"We are really sorry that we have had to do this and apologise for the inconvenience. we will learn from this to prevent it happening again."
The Office of National Statistics, which releases at on the economic growth was due to report its final revision for Q1 tomorrow.
The NIESR - National Institute of Economic and Social Research - had predicted a rise to 0.4 pct to match the last quarter of '09 - current figures dictate the economy has grown 0.3 pct so far for the months January to March.
The figures for Q2 are due on or around the end of July but it is unknown if they are also like to be delayed by two weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Low Birth Rate May Be Due to Low Confidence in Economy
- Fears Of Infection Spread Prompt Some US Hospitals To Refuse Ebola Patients
- Readers Slam a Book Showing That US Wealth And Power Rests on Slave Labour
- LG G Watch R To Be Available Globally Starting With Europe, North America And Asia Through Retail Sites And Play Store
- Young Teen Fighter Says ISIS Uses Drugs On Suicide Bombers To Get Them Perform The Act
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS