Q1 GDP figures to be released 12 July in UK
June 30, 2010 4:33 AM EST
Final revised GDP figures for growth in the UK are to be released late after a 'potential error' in the data led to concerns over its reliability.
Stephen Penneck, who made the announcement today said that, "It is important to ensure the national accounts are right, rather than disseminate statistics that might be subject to question over their quality."
"We are really sorry that we have had to do this and apologise for the inconvenience. we will learn from this to prevent it happening again."
The Office of National Statistics, which releases at on the economic growth was due to report its final revision for Q1 tomorrow.
The NIESR - National Institute of Economic and Social Research - had predicted a rise to 0.4 pct to match the last quarter of '09 - current figures dictate the economy has grown 0.3 pct so far for the months January to March.
The figures for Q2 are due on or around the end of July but it is unknown if they are also like to be delayed by two weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans