Q1 GDP figures to be released 12 July in UK
June 30, 2010 4:33 AM EST
Final revised GDP figures for growth in the UK are to be released late after a 'potential error' in the data led to concerns over its reliability.
Stephen Penneck, who made the announcement today said that, "It is important to ensure the national accounts are right, rather than disseminate statistics that might be subject to question over their quality."
"We are really sorry that we have had to do this and apologise for the inconvenience. we will learn from this to prevent it happening again."
The Office of National Statistics, which releases at on the economic growth was due to report its final revision for Q1 tomorrow.
The NIESR - National Institute of Economic and Social Research - had predicted a rise to 0.4 pct to match the last quarter of '09 - current figures dictate the economy has grown 0.3 pct so far for the months January to March.
The figures for Q2 are due on or around the end of July but it is unknown if they are also like to be delayed by two weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Russia Demands Ukraine Release Communications With Doomed Malaysia Airlines MH17, Preliminary Report On Investigations Out This Month
- Ebola Update: Liberian Forces Receive Shoot Orders Against People Trying to Cross from Sierra Leone Border
- Historic First Time: Catholic Pontiff Pope Francis Supports Military Intervention Against ISIS In Iraq
- Chinese Airlines Receives Lawsuit for Rejecting HIV-Positive Passengers
- Travel Alert: Canada Issues Warning Against Chikungunya Disease in Caribbean
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display