Nokia takes a swipe at iPhone 4's signal reception issue
By Carl Bagh | June 30, 2010 1:58 AM EST
Nokia takes a shot at iPhone 4's antenna issues pertaining to blocked signal when the phone is held left-handed.
Taking a swipe at Steve Jobs comment whereby in response to an email by a customer regarding signal problem he said "Just avoid holding it that way", Nokia elucidated in its official website "Nokia Conversations" various ways of holding Nokia phones.
It highlighted four specific ways that include the thumb and finger hold, cup, balance and four edge grips.
The Cup hold which has been called the "Death Grip" is the primary cause of iPhone 4's antenna issues as it jams the signals. But Nokia termed the hold as being "popular with small devices and typically comfortable for longer phone calls"
It further stated that none of the above mentioned holds disrupt signal reception. The blog euphemistically said "One of the main things we've found about the 1 billion plus Nokia devices that are in use today is that when making a phone call, people generally tend to hold their phone like a.... well, like a phone. Providing a wide range of methods and grips for people to hold their phones, without interfering with the antennae, has been an essential feature of every device Nokia has built."
The blog ended by emphatically claiming "you're free to hold your Nokia device any way you like. And you won't suffer any signal loss. Cool, huh?"
The swipe by Nokia is reminiscent of Microsoft's recent swipe on Google's failed bid to spice-up its search page.Perhaps, taking a shot at competotor's foibles is another way to beat the heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko