Nokia takes a swipe at iPhone 4's signal reception issue
By Carl Bagh | June 30, 2010 1:58 AM EST
Nokia takes a shot at iPhone 4's antenna issues pertaining to blocked signal when the phone is held left-handed.
Taking a swipe at Steve Jobs comment whereby in response to an email by a customer regarding signal problem he said "Just avoid holding it that way", Nokia elucidated in its official website "Nokia Conversations" various ways of holding Nokia phones.
It highlighted four specific ways that include the thumb and finger hold, cup, balance and four edge grips.
The Cup hold which has been called the "Death Grip" is the primary cause of iPhone 4's antenna issues as it jams the signals. But Nokia termed the hold as being "popular with small devices and typically comfortable for longer phone calls"
It further stated that none of the above mentioned holds disrupt signal reception. The blog euphemistically said "One of the main things we've found about the 1 billion plus Nokia devices that are in use today is that when making a phone call, people generally tend to hold their phone like a.... well, like a phone. Providing a wide range of methods and grips for people to hold their phones, without interfering with the antennae, has been an essential feature of every device Nokia has built."
The blog ended by emphatically claiming "you're free to hold your Nokia device any way you like. And you won't suffer any signal loss. Cool, huh?"
The swipe by Nokia is reminiscent of Microsoft's recent swipe on Google's failed bid to spice-up its search page.Perhaps, taking a shot at competotor's foibles is another way to beat the heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans