Nokia takes a swipe at iPhone 4's signal reception issue
By Carl Bagh | June 30, 2010 1:58 AM EST
Nokia takes a shot at iPhone 4's antenna issues pertaining to blocked signal when the phone is held left-handed.
Taking a swipe at Steve Jobs comment whereby in response to an email by a customer regarding signal problem he said "Just avoid holding it that way", Nokia elucidated in its official website "Nokia Conversations" various ways of holding Nokia phones.
It highlighted four specific ways that include the thumb and finger hold, cup, balance and four edge grips.
The Cup hold which has been called the "Death Grip" is the primary cause of iPhone 4's antenna issues as it jams the signals. But Nokia termed the hold as being "popular with small devices and typically comfortable for longer phone calls"
It further stated that none of the above mentioned holds disrupt signal reception. The blog euphemistically said "One of the main things we've found about the 1 billion plus Nokia devices that are in use today is that when making a phone call, people generally tend to hold their phone like a.... well, like a phone. Providing a wide range of methods and grips for people to hold their phones, without interfering with the antennae, has been an essential feature of every device Nokia has built."
The blog ended by emphatically claiming "you're free to hold your Nokia device any way you like. And you won't suffer any signal loss. Cool, huh?"
The swipe by Nokia is reminiscent of Microsoft's recent swipe on Google's failed bid to spice-up its search page.Perhaps, taking a shot at competotor's foibles is another way to beat the heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert