Nokia takes a swipe at iPhone 4's signal reception issue
By Carl Bagh | June 30, 2010 1:58 AM EST
Nokia takes a shot at iPhone 4's antenna issues pertaining to blocked signal when the phone is held left-handed.
Taking a swipe at Steve Jobs comment whereby in response to an email by a customer regarding signal problem he said "Just avoid holding it that way", Nokia elucidated in its official website "Nokia Conversations" various ways of holding Nokia phones.
It highlighted four specific ways that include the thumb and finger hold, cup, balance and four edge grips.
The Cup hold which has been called the "Death Grip" is the primary cause of iPhone 4's antenna issues as it jams the signals. But Nokia termed the hold as being "popular with small devices and typically comfortable for longer phone calls"
It further stated that none of the above mentioned holds disrupt signal reception. The blog euphemistically said "One of the main things we've found about the 1 billion plus Nokia devices that are in use today is that when making a phone call, people generally tend to hold their phone like a.... well, like a phone. Providing a wide range of methods and grips for people to hold their phones, without interfering with the antennae, has been an essential feature of every device Nokia has built."
The blog ended by emphatically claiming "you're free to hold your Nokia device any way you like. And you won't suffer any signal loss. Cool, huh?"
The swipe by Nokia is reminiscent of Microsoft's recent swipe on Google's failed bid to spice-up its search page.Perhaps, taking a shot at competotor's foibles is another way to beat the heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop