Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.0 Update Confirmed; How to Upgrade to ICS
By ambrosia sabrina | March 14, 2012 1:28 AM EST
The South Korean manufacturer announced on its Facebook page that the update will first be made available in Korea, Poland, Hungary and Sweden, with other countries soon to follow. According to Tech Radar, the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update will hit British airwaves March 19.
The company is also set to roll out Gingerbread firmware updates to the Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab 7, Galaxy S Plus, Galaxy S SCL (Super Clear LCD), and Galaxy W end of March onwards. The updates, as mentioned by Samsung, include "Face Unlock, Snapshot, Photo Editor and others".
Ever since Android 4.0 made its debut in October 2011 starting with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, tech enthusiasts have been itching to upgrade to the ICS operating system, which Samsung says, has "solidified its position as the leader of Android devices".
To upgrade to ICS straight away, users should first make sure that the latest Samsung Kies software is installed. It's also important to make sure that there's enough device memory, at least 60MB in order to receive the update.
If you have just purchased an Android smartphone and are yet to learn the ropes of handling the device, try following these steps provided on wesurfweb.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build