Sofia Vergara to Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ April 7; Tweets Excitement
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 14, 2012 1:07 AM EST
Sofia Vergara will be hosting "Saturday Night Live" on April 7, telling her more than 1.6 million Twitter followers that she is excited about the gig.
The ever loud and funny Vergara, who stars on "Modern Family," is not an amateur at making people laugh. Remember this Jimmy Kimmel appearance?
Eleven Latinos have hosted SNL between 1975 to 2010, according to Tr3s. They are Desi Arnaz (1976), Raquel Welch (1976), Emilio Estevez (1994), Freddie Prinze, Jr. (2000), Cameron Diaz (1998, 2002, 2005), Jennifer Lopez (2001, 2010), Salma Hayek (2002), Christina Aguilera (2004), Eva Longoria Parker (2005), Antonio Banderas (2006) and Rosario Dawson (2009).
We think Colombian-born Vergara will do great as host. How do you think Vergara will perform as a host of "SNL?" Let us know in the comment box below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015