Sofia Vergara to Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ April 7; Tweets Excitement
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 14, 2012 1:07 AM EST
Sofia Vergara will be hosting "Saturday Night Live" on April 7, telling her more than 1.6 million Twitter followers that she is excited about the gig.
The ever loud and funny Vergara, who stars on "Modern Family," is not an amateur at making people laugh. Remember this Jimmy Kimmel appearance?
Eleven Latinos have hosted SNL between 1975 to 2010, according to Tr3s. They are Desi Arnaz (1976), Raquel Welch (1976), Emilio Estevez (1994), Freddie Prinze, Jr. (2000), Cameron Diaz (1998, 2002, 2005), Jennifer Lopez (2001, 2010), Salma Hayek (2002), Christina Aguilera (2004), Eva Longoria Parker (2005), Antonio Banderas (2006) and Rosario Dawson (2009).
We think Colombian-born Vergara will do great as host. How do you think Vergara will perform as a host of "SNL?" Let us know in the comment box below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales