Destination Maternity Corp. and Macy’s strengthen relationship
By Besta Shankar | June 29, 2010 12:03 PM EST
On Monday, Destination Maternity Corporation, a maternity apparel retailer, and Macy's Inc., announced that they would expand their relationship. Destination Maternity has operated 113 leased maternity apparel departments in Macy's. By the end of February 2011, Destination Maternity will be available at over 615 Macy's US stores, said the companies in a statement.
Destination Maternity offers Motherhood Maternity(R) and A Pea in the Pod(R) branded merchandise at prices from $7.50 to $200.
By the agreement, Destination Maternity’s merchandise will become the exclusive maternity and nursing apparel offered in Macy's locations.
"We are delighted to expand our relationship with Macy's under an exclusive multi-year arrangement that is a win for Destination Maternity, Macy's, and moms-to-be throughout the United States. Our relationship with Macy's, which dates back nearly 20 years, allows us to bring our knowledge as the maternity apparel fashion experts to a broader customer base, while providing us exclusive access to Macy's shoppers. This expansion serves to deepen our position as the leading maternity apparel retailer in the world,” said Ed Krell, CEO of Destination Maternity.
By this expansion, Destination Maternity’s apparel will be available in more than 3,200 locations in the United States and Canada, of which 700 are company-operated stores, 1,500 leased department locations, and over 1,000 licensed locations.
Macy's, Inc., with fiscal 2009 sales of $23.5 billion operates about 850 department stores in 45 states in the US. In 2009, it earned 26 percent of the revenues from the sales of feminine apparel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales