Destination Maternity Corp. and Macy’s strengthen relationship
By Besta Shankar | June 29, 2010 12:03 PM EST
On Monday, Destination Maternity Corporation, a maternity apparel retailer, and Macy's Inc., announced that they would expand their relationship. Destination Maternity has operated 113 leased maternity apparel departments in Macy's. By the end of February 2011, Destination Maternity will be available at over 615 Macy's US stores, said the companies in a statement.
Destination Maternity offers Motherhood Maternity(R) and A Pea in the Pod(R) branded merchandise at prices from $7.50 to $200.
By the agreement, Destination Maternity’s merchandise will become the exclusive maternity and nursing apparel offered in Macy's locations.
"We are delighted to expand our relationship with Macy's under an exclusive multi-year arrangement that is a win for Destination Maternity, Macy's, and moms-to-be throughout the United States. Our relationship with Macy's, which dates back nearly 20 years, allows us to bring our knowledge as the maternity apparel fashion experts to a broader customer base, while providing us exclusive access to Macy's shoppers. This expansion serves to deepen our position as the leading maternity apparel retailer in the world,” said Ed Krell, CEO of Destination Maternity.
By this expansion, Destination Maternity’s apparel will be available in more than 3,200 locations in the United States and Canada, of which 700 are company-operated stores, 1,500 leased department locations, and over 1,000 licensed locations.
Macy's, Inc., with fiscal 2009 sales of $23.5 billion operates about 850 department stores in 45 states in the US. In 2009, it earned 26 percent of the revenues from the sales of feminine apparel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners