Markets await UK final estimate GDP Q1; NIESR predict revision up to 0.4 pct
June 29, 2010 3:49 AM EST
After marking down its estimate by 0.3 pct, US futures fell, whilst stocks performed weakly as evidence of a consumer spending 'hole' and widening trade deficit made for a worrying decline in GDP.
Gold futures, which is rising today, are providing a safe haven for investors worried over market unease, whilst the G-20 communique, which announced intention to cut fiscal deficits by halve to 2013, although 'each at his own pace' failed to have any impact.
Meanwhile, the UK's final revision of GDP is expected to be revised up according to Keith Bowman, equity analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown:
"The second estimate in late May was in line with economists estimates - revised from +0.2 percent to +0.3 percent following stronger than expected industrial production data."
"Looking ahead to the final estimate, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research expects growth to be revised up further to +0.4 percent, equaling that achieved in the fourth quarter of 2009." he added.
The Pound rose against the dollar meanwhile 1.507 after medium bullish sentiment drove the Cable (Pound) up against the Greenback (Dollar).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Russia Invades Ukraine, Pro-Russian Rebels Create 'Second Front,' Obama Maintains No Military Action from US
- TEPCO Loses in Fukushima Suicide Case, Ordered to Pay $472,000 to Family
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares