Markets await UK final estimate GDP Q1; NIESR predict revision up to 0.4 pct
June 29, 2010 3:49 AM EST
After marking down its estimate by 0.3 pct, US futures fell, whilst stocks performed weakly as evidence of a consumer spending 'hole' and widening trade deficit made for a worrying decline in GDP.
Gold futures, which is rising today, are providing a safe haven for investors worried over market unease, whilst the G-20 communique, which announced intention to cut fiscal deficits by halve to 2013, although 'each at his own pace' failed to have any impact.
Meanwhile, the UK's final revision of GDP is expected to be revised up according to Keith Bowman, equity analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown:
"The second estimate in late May was in line with economists estimates - revised from +0.2 percent to +0.3 percent following stronger than expected industrial production data."
"Looking ahead to the final estimate, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research expects growth to be revised up further to +0.4 percent, equaling that achieved in the fourth quarter of 2009." he added.
The Pound rose against the dollar meanwhile 1.507 after medium bullish sentiment drove the Cable (Pound) up against the Greenback (Dollar).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Economic Growth In US And Sub-Saharan Africa Allay 2015 Recession Fears
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’