Markets await UK final estimate GDP Q1; NIESR predict revision up to 0.4 pct
June 29, 2010 3:49 AM EST
After marking down its estimate by 0.3 pct, US futures fell, whilst stocks performed weakly as evidence of a consumer spending 'hole' and widening trade deficit made for a worrying decline in GDP.
Gold futures, which is rising today, are providing a safe haven for investors worried over market unease, whilst the G-20 communique, which announced intention to cut fiscal deficits by halve to 2013, although 'each at his own pace' failed to have any impact.
Meanwhile, the UK's final revision of GDP is expected to be revised up according to Keith Bowman, equity analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown:
"The second estimate in late May was in line with economists estimates - revised from +0.2 percent to +0.3 percent following stronger than expected industrial production data."
"Looking ahead to the final estimate, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research expects growth to be revised up further to +0.4 percent, equaling that achieved in the fourth quarter of 2009." he added.
The Pound rose against the dollar meanwhile 1.507 after medium bullish sentiment drove the Cable (Pound) up against the Greenback (Dollar).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- China Military PLA Drills Affect Flights, Hundreds Cancelled
- End of Times Signs: 3 Aviation Accidents in 1 Wk, 500 Total Deaths; Air Algerie AH5017 Latest
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: EU Feared Won't Ever Enforce Sanctions on Russia; All Talk, No Force
- U.S. Flights to Israel Now Lifted, Flights To and From Tel Aviv Resume – FAA
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Raises Interest Rates Due to 'Unsustainable' Kiwi
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales