Markets await UK final estimate GDP Q1; NIESR predict revision up to 0.4 pct
June 29, 2010 3:49 AM EST
After marking down its estimate by 0.3 pct, US futures fell, whilst stocks performed weakly as evidence of a consumer spending 'hole' and widening trade deficit made for a worrying decline in GDP.
Gold futures, which is rising today, are providing a safe haven for investors worried over market unease, whilst the G-20 communique, which announced intention to cut fiscal deficits by halve to 2013, although 'each at his own pace' failed to have any impact.
Meanwhile, the UK's final revision of GDP is expected to be revised up according to Keith Bowman, equity analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown:
"The second estimate in late May was in line with economists estimates - revised from +0.2 percent to +0.3 percent following stronger than expected industrial production data."
"Looking ahead to the final estimate, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research expects growth to be revised up further to +0.4 percent, equaling that achieved in the fourth quarter of 2009." he added.
The Pound rose against the dollar meanwhile 1.507 after medium bullish sentiment drove the Cable (Pound) up against the Greenback (Dollar).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display