Markets await UK final estimate GDP Q1; NIESR predict revision up to 0.4 pct
June 29, 2010 3:49 AM EST
After marking down its estimate by 0.3 pct, US futures fell, whilst stocks performed weakly as evidence of a consumer spending 'hole' and widening trade deficit made for a worrying decline in GDP.
Gold futures, which is rising today, are providing a safe haven for investors worried over market unease, whilst the G-20 communique, which announced intention to cut fiscal deficits by halve to 2013, although 'each at his own pace' failed to have any impact.
Meanwhile, the UK's final revision of GDP is expected to be revised up according to Keith Bowman, equity analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown:
"The second estimate in late May was in line with economists estimates - revised from +0.2 percent to +0.3 percent following stronger than expected industrial production data."
"Looking ahead to the final estimate, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research expects growth to be revised up further to +0.4 percent, equaling that achieved in the fourth quarter of 2009." he added.
The Pound rose against the dollar meanwhile 1.507 after medium bullish sentiment drove the Cable (Pound) up against the Greenback (Dollar).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?