Google Recent: New Feature Saves Location Across iPhone, Android Devices
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 7, 2012 12:24 PM EST
Google unveiled on the company's Google Mobile Blog Tuesday a new search feature called Recent. This tool will remember where a user is and where she's going. It lets users save location data across computers and mobile smart devices using Apples iOS or the Android.
What does this mean? If you search a location with Google from your home computer, say "Cartoon Art Museum" as in the image, your mobile smart device will have the search saved under the new "recent" tab.
The point of the tool is to allow users the momentary memory lapse between leaving the house and finding the location they were heading toward.
Of course, this only applies to users who have Web history enabled and who are logged into their Google accounts on all participating devices. Search info is saved under the recent tab for only about 24 hours, though that allows plenty of time to whip out your smart device and get where you're going.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments