Google Recent: New Feature Saves Location Across iPhone, Android Devices
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 7, 2012 12:24 PM EST
Google unveiled on the company's Google Mobile Blog Tuesday a new search feature called Recent. This tool will remember where a user is and where she's going. It lets users save location data across computers and mobile smart devices using Apples iOS or the Android.
What does this mean? If you search a location with Google from your home computer, say "Cartoon Art Museum" as in the image, your mobile smart device will have the search saved under the new "recent" tab.
The point of the tool is to allow users the momentary memory lapse between leaving the house and finding the location they were heading toward.
Of course, this only applies to users who have Web history enabled and who are logged into their Google accounts on all participating devices. Search info is saved under the recent tab for only about 24 hours, though that allows plenty of time to whip out your smart device and get where you're going.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners