Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke Flap: Stephen Colbert Calls Limbaugh a Prostitute [VIDEO]
By Ryan Villarreal | March 7, 2012 11:49 AM EST
Stephen Colbert chimed in Tuesday on the controversy surrounding Rush Limbaugh's remarks about Georgetown University Law student Sandra Fluke after she spoke out in support of healthcare coverage for birth control.
Limbaugh last week referred to Fluke as a "slut" and a "prostitute," which he later apologized for after several sponsors pulled advertisements from his radio show.
"I don't think Rush should have apologized for calling [Fluke] a prostitute," said Colbert. "I mean, it takes one to know one."
Colbert's veiled insult pokes fun at the conservative radio host for backpedaling after losing several sponsors, suggesting he is willing to say anything for money, though Colbert puts it in slightly less flattering terms.
"He only apologized to keep his advertisers, proving Rush will do anything with his mouth for cash," said Colbert.
Colbert also mocked Limbaugh's apparent ignorance of how birth control pills work.
"She's having so much sex, she can't afford her own birth control pills," Limbaugh had said on his radio show prior to his apology.
"That's how the pill works--the more sex you have, the more birth control pills you have to take," Colbert responded after playing the clip of Limbaugh. "It's one for each sperm. They act like little baby deflectors."
This is clearly not how birth control pills function as they are taken as part of a daily regimen to regulate hormone levels to prevent pregnancy.
Dosage has no correlation to the amount of sexual activity, but Limbaugh seems ignorant of this fact, which, of course, only gives Colbert more material to work with.
Watch the entire segment below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica