Redknapp Talks Up English Youngster
By Vanessa Keller | March 7, 2012 3:31 AM EST
Harry Redknapp believes that Jake Livermore will one day represent his country as well as starring for his club, with the 22 year old showing potential for big things at Tottenham this season.
After spending the last few years on loan spells at numerous sides, Livermore has now made 29 appearances for Spurs this season, and is cementing his place in the north London club's midfield line-up as they challenge for a spot in the Champions League next season.
And though Livermore is yet to feature for England, Redknapp believes that his performances for Tottenham will not go unnoticed for much longer, particularly with his positive mentality.
"He could be [an England international]," Redknapp said, as reported by the Daily Mirror.
"The sky is the limit for Jake. His attitude is so good. He wants to get to the top and when you have that type of attitude there is no reason why he can't do it.
"He has the ability as well so he has a good chance."
Redknapp revealed that he had taken a risk keeping Livermore on board at Tottenham, with the centre midfielder suffering from ongoing injuries, but it was a risk worth taking.
"When I came here people weren't sure that he was ever going to make it," he explained. "He had his injuries. Some people were tending to write him off, but when I came here but from day one I just found him to be a fantastic boy.
"He did ever so well the other day in there with Sandro against Manchester United. I was pleased with those two. They were so good."
And with Redknapp widely touted to be the next England manager, if the Tottenham man does make the move, he will no doubt be looking to Livermore when he brings in less experienced players to prove themselves in a Three Lions shirt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage