Redknapp Talks Up English Youngster
By Vanessa Keller | March 7, 2012 3:31 AM EST
Harry Redknapp believes that Jake Livermore will one day represent his country as well as starring for his club, with the 22 year old showing potential for big things at Tottenham this season.
After spending the last few years on loan spells at numerous sides, Livermore has now made 29 appearances for Spurs this season, and is cementing his place in the north London club's midfield line-up as they challenge for a spot in the Champions League next season.
And though Livermore is yet to feature for England, Redknapp believes that his performances for Tottenham will not go unnoticed for much longer, particularly with his positive mentality.
"He could be [an England international]," Redknapp said, as reported by the Daily Mirror.
"The sky is the limit for Jake. His attitude is so good. He wants to get to the top and when you have that type of attitude there is no reason why he can't do it.
"He has the ability as well so he has a good chance."
Redknapp revealed that he had taken a risk keeping Livermore on board at Tottenham, with the centre midfielder suffering from ongoing injuries, but it was a risk worth taking.
"When I came here people weren't sure that he was ever going to make it," he explained. "He had his injuries. Some people were tending to write him off, but when I came here but from day one I just found him to be a fantastic boy.
"He did ever so well the other day in there with Sandro against Manchester United. I was pleased with those two. They were so good."
And with Redknapp widely touted to be the next England manager, if the Tottenham man does make the move, he will no doubt be looking to Livermore when he brings in less experienced players to prove themselves in a Three Lions shirt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions