Mariah Carey News: Singer Flaunts Weight Loss at NYC Concert, How Did She Lose 70 Pounds?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 6, 2012 3:52 AM EST
Mariah Carey took to the stage in New York City on Thursday night for her first performance since giving birth to twin babies in April. She performed at Caesar's Entertainment "Escape to Total Rewards" event and flaunted her jaw-dropping weight loss in a curve-hugging black gown.
Carey shimmied around the stage, showing off her slim figure, while singing "It's Like That," "Shake It Off," "Touch My Body," "Obsessed," and "Always Be My Baby," which she dedicated to her twins. She also gave a shout-out to husband Nick Cannon who has suffered some serious health concerns as of late. "Nick, I love you. I know you're out there somewhere," Carey said. Cannon was seated in the crowd.
She looked better than ever and concertgoers took note. "Coming complete with an onstage beauty crew and even making a few pauses to get a spritz of perfume, Mariah proved she's still the diva her fans have always known and loved," one attendee told Celebuzz.
Mariah Carey gave birth to twins, Moroccan Scott and Monroe, in April and has already lost a whopping 70-pounds. The 41-year-old singer is back and looking better than ever.
How did the pop icon shed the baby weight?
The singer lost 40-pounds right after her pregnancy and then the following 30-pounds on the Jenny Craig Diet. "The first week, I lost 40 lbs... of just water," Carey told Rosie O'Donnell in November. The new mother suffered from edema, swelling caused by excess fluid trapped in your body's tissues, according to MayoClinc. "It was just water, initially. When I started with the program, I lost at least 30 lbs. of weight that needed to be lost."
Then she turned to Jenny Craig. Carey is now the brand ambassador for the company and promotes her weight loss in a new television ad campaign, singing her hit "Make it Happen" while wearing a black thigh-split skirt and bandeau top. The Jenny Craig program is based on three levels--eating right and keeping portions small, increasing energy levels and building life balance to maintain a target weight. Carey spent three months on a 1,200-calorie-per-day plan and is now a size-6.
"The [Jenny Craig] food is good," Carey told Gayle King in November. She said that her favorite food in the Jenny line is the s'mores.
Carey stands at 5-feet, 9-inches and insists that she does not stress out over weighting herself constantly. In fact, Carey did not weigh herself even after dropping the weight. "I never weighed myself," she told O'Donnell. "People will think I'm a liar but it's true. This is another cliché phrase, I'm a big boned girl ... I'm tall and so I always weigh more."
She also does not obsess over clothing sizes. "I would tend to go, 'Does this size dress fit me that I wore three years ago? I'm good, let's go.' I would go by what it looked like, how I felt," she admitted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet