Mariah Carey News: Singer Flaunts Weight Loss at NYC Concert, How Did She Lose 70 Pounds?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 6, 2012 3:52 AM EST
Mariah Carey took to the stage in New York City on Thursday night for her first performance since giving birth to twin babies in April. She performed at Caesar's Entertainment "Escape to Total Rewards" event and flaunted her jaw-dropping weight loss in a curve-hugging black gown.
Carey shimmied around the stage, showing off her slim figure, while singing "It's Like That," "Shake It Off," "Touch My Body," "Obsessed," and "Always Be My Baby," which she dedicated to her twins. She also gave a shout-out to husband Nick Cannon who has suffered some serious health concerns as of late. "Nick, I love you. I know you're out there somewhere," Carey said. Cannon was seated in the crowd.
She looked better than ever and concertgoers took note. "Coming complete with an onstage beauty crew and even making a few pauses to get a spritz of perfume, Mariah proved she's still the diva her fans have always known and loved," one attendee told Celebuzz.
Mariah Carey gave birth to twins, Moroccan Scott and Monroe, in April and has already lost a whopping 70-pounds. The 41-year-old singer is back and looking better than ever.
How did the pop icon shed the baby weight?
The singer lost 40-pounds right after her pregnancy and then the following 30-pounds on the Jenny Craig Diet. "The first week, I lost 40 lbs... of just water," Carey told Rosie O'Donnell in November. The new mother suffered from edema, swelling caused by excess fluid trapped in your body's tissues, according to MayoClinc. "It was just water, initially. When I started with the program, I lost at least 30 lbs. of weight that needed to be lost."
Then she turned to Jenny Craig. Carey is now the brand ambassador for the company and promotes her weight loss in a new television ad campaign, singing her hit "Make it Happen" while wearing a black thigh-split skirt and bandeau top. The Jenny Craig program is based on three levels--eating right and keeping portions small, increasing energy levels and building life balance to maintain a target weight. Carey spent three months on a 1,200-calorie-per-day plan and is now a size-6.
"The [Jenny Craig] food is good," Carey told Gayle King in November. She said that her favorite food in the Jenny line is the s'mores.
Carey stands at 5-feet, 9-inches and insists that she does not stress out over weighting herself constantly. In fact, Carey did not weigh herself even after dropping the weight. "I never weighed myself," she told O'Donnell. "People will think I'm a liar but it's true. This is another cliché phrase, I'm a big boned girl ... I'm tall and so I always weigh more."
She also does not obsess over clothing sizes. "I would tend to go, 'Does this size dress fit me that I wore three years ago? I'm good, let's go.' I would go by what it looked like, how I felt," she admitted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy