Kanye West Heels on Sale at Famed Parisian Boutique Colette
By Cavan Sieczkowski | March 2, 2012 7:37 AM EST
Kanye West might just be solidifying himself as a bona fide fashion designer, despite the cacophony of criticism the self-aggrandized rapper received for his womenswear collection which debuted in Paris in October. At the time, when asked about West's collection, Vogue's Anna Wintour responded with an icy, "Ask someone else."
West showed a collection of too-tight dresses and (what some dubbed as) Balmain knock-offs. However, One of the more notable items was the shoes models strutted in - black and white stiletto sandals made of calf leather with white sweater paneling and pearl trimmings. West designed with heels with Giuseppe Zanotti. They were later featured in Harper's Bazaar Australia.
Still, the collcetion was dubbed a flop.
Now, the tables seem to have turned. Kanye West secured himself a bit of fashion cred when famed Parisian boutique, Colette, announced Thursday that it will be selling Kanye West's heels for the spring.
On Thursday, Colette (@coletteparis) tweeted: "Giuseppe Zanotti for KW @kanyewest available @coletteparis." The tweet included a photo of the shoes on a shelf at the boutique.
The shoes are currently on sale on the Colette Web site. The price tag comes in at a cool $4,968.07, plus shipping and handling. This will bring your total to somewhere around $5,000.
What do you think of Kanye West's heels? Would you drop the cash for a pair?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence