Kanye West Heels on Sale at Famed Parisian Boutique Colette
By Cavan Sieczkowski | March 2, 2012 7:37 AM EST
Kanye West might just be solidifying himself as a bona fide fashion designer, despite the cacophony of criticism the self-aggrandized rapper received for his womenswear collection which debuted in Paris in October. At the time, when asked about West's collection, Vogue's Anna Wintour responded with an icy, "Ask someone else."
West showed a collection of too-tight dresses and (what some dubbed as) Balmain knock-offs. However, One of the more notable items was the shoes models strutted in - black and white stiletto sandals made of calf leather with white sweater paneling and pearl trimmings. West designed with heels with Giuseppe Zanotti. They were later featured in Harper's Bazaar Australia.
Still, the collcetion was dubbed a flop.
Now, the tables seem to have turned. Kanye West secured himself a bit of fashion cred when famed Parisian boutique, Colette, announced Thursday that it will be selling Kanye West's heels for the spring.
On Thursday, Colette (@coletteparis) tweeted: "Giuseppe Zanotti for KW @kanyewest available @coletteparis." The tweet included a photo of the shoes on a shelf at the boutique.
The shoes are currently on sale on the Colette Web site. The price tag comes in at a cool $4,968.07, plus shipping and handling. This will bring your total to somewhere around $5,000.
What do you think of Kanye West's heels? Would you drop the cash for a pair?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- West End Apartment Owners Against Sarah Jessica Parker's Shoe Shoot, Wish 'Carrie Bradshaw' Would Live Somewhere Else
- 7 Frighteningly Spectacular Halloween Cocktail Recipes And Ideas
- Scott Disick Takes Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Out On a Date In A $2 Million Car
- $15,854 ‘Vertu for Bentley’ Smartphone Features Apple iPhone 6-Like 4.7-Inch Display, 64 GB Memory And Sapphire Crystal Protection
- Ford Family Business Accused of ‘Mismanagement’
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS