Kanye West Heels on Sale at Famed Parisian Boutique Colette
By Cavan Sieczkowski | March 2, 2012 7:37 AM EST
Kanye West might just be solidifying himself as a bona fide fashion designer, despite the cacophony of criticism the self-aggrandized rapper received for his womenswear collection which debuted in Paris in October. At the time, when asked about West's collection, Vogue's Anna Wintour responded with an icy, "Ask someone else."
West showed a collection of too-tight dresses and (what some dubbed as) Balmain knock-offs. However, One of the more notable items was the shoes models strutted in - black and white stiletto sandals made of calf leather with white sweater paneling and pearl trimmings. West designed with heels with Giuseppe Zanotti. They were later featured in Harper's Bazaar Australia.
Still, the collcetion was dubbed a flop.
Now, the tables seem to have turned. Kanye West secured himself a bit of fashion cred when famed Parisian boutique, Colette, announced Thursday that it will be selling Kanye West's heels for the spring.
On Thursday, Colette (@coletteparis) tweeted: "Giuseppe Zanotti for KW @kanyewest available @coletteparis." The tweet included a photo of the shoes on a shelf at the boutique.
The shoes are currently on sale on the Colette Web site. The price tag comes in at a cool $4,968.07, plus shipping and handling. This will bring your total to somewhere around $5,000.
What do you think of Kanye West's heels? Would you drop the cash for a pair?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools