Kanye West Heels on Sale at Famed Parisian Boutique Colette
By Cavan Sieczkowski | March 2, 2012 7:37 AM EST
Kanye West might just be solidifying himself as a bona fide fashion designer, despite the cacophony of criticism the self-aggrandized rapper received for his womenswear collection which debuted in Paris in October. At the time, when asked about West's collection, Vogue's Anna Wintour responded with an icy, "Ask someone else."
West showed a collection of too-tight dresses and (what some dubbed as) Balmain knock-offs. However, One of the more notable items was the shoes models strutted in - black and white stiletto sandals made of calf leather with white sweater paneling and pearl trimmings. West designed with heels with Giuseppe Zanotti. They were later featured in Harper's Bazaar Australia.
Still, the collcetion was dubbed a flop.
Now, the tables seem to have turned. Kanye West secured himself a bit of fashion cred when famed Parisian boutique, Colette, announced Thursday that it will be selling Kanye West's heels for the spring.
On Thursday, Colette (@coletteparis) tweeted: "Giuseppe Zanotti for KW @kanyewest available @coletteparis." The tweet included a photo of the shoes on a shelf at the boutique.
The shoes are currently on sale on the Colette Web site. The price tag comes in at a cool $4,968.07, plus shipping and handling. This will bring your total to somewhere around $5,000.
What do you think of Kanye West's heels? Would you drop the cash for a pair?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown