Kanye West Heels on Sale at Famed Parisian Boutique Colette
By Cavan Sieczkowski | March 2, 2012 7:37 AM EST
Kanye West might just be solidifying himself as a bona fide fashion designer, despite the cacophony of criticism the self-aggrandized rapper received for his womenswear collection which debuted in Paris in October. At the time, when asked about West's collection, Vogue's Anna Wintour responded with an icy, "Ask someone else."
West showed a collection of too-tight dresses and (what some dubbed as) Balmain knock-offs. However, One of the more notable items was the shoes models strutted in - black and white stiletto sandals made of calf leather with white sweater paneling and pearl trimmings. West designed with heels with Giuseppe Zanotti. They were later featured in Harper's Bazaar Australia.
Still, the collcetion was dubbed a flop.
Now, the tables seem to have turned. Kanye West secured himself a bit of fashion cred when famed Parisian boutique, Colette, announced Thursday that it will be selling Kanye West's heels for the spring.
On Thursday, Colette (@coletteparis) tweeted: "Giuseppe Zanotti for KW @kanyewest available @coletteparis." The tweet included a photo of the shoes on a shelf at the boutique.
The shoes are currently on sale on the Colette Web site. The price tag comes in at a cool $4,968.07, plus shipping and handling. This will bring your total to somewhere around $5,000.
What do you think of Kanye West's heels? Would you drop the cash for a pair?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People