Goldman manager investigated for insider trading role: report
March 1, 2012 3:14 AM EST
Federal authorities are investigating David Loeb, a managing director of Goldman Sachs Group Inc, as part of an insider trading probe focusing on technology stocks and the company's hedge fund clients, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing people close to the matter.
Loeb, 41, would be the latest Goldman official to be investigated after Rajat Gupta, a former Goldman director, who faces trial in May for insider trading. Goldman technology analyst Henry King is also under investigation, the WSJ reported.
Loeb, who deals with many technology hedge fund employees, worked closely with King, the paper said citing the sources. Documents filed in the case against Gupta referenced an insider at Goldman other than Gupta who provided inside information to a hedge fund client. That person is said to be Loeb, the WSJ reported.
On Monday during a press briefing, the FBI said to date, out of 64 arrests made in "Perfect Hedge," the name given to the investigation, 59 people have been convicted or have pleaded guilty.
(Reporting by Eileen Anupa Soreng in Bangalore; Editing by Matt Driskill)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015