Euro zone industrial April orders up 0.9 percent
By Besta Shankar | June 25, 2010 1:27 AM EST
Euro zone's industrial new orders index increased by 0.9 percent in April, compared with a 5.1 percent increase in March, a report by Eurostat released on Thursday said.
In EU27, the index decreased by 0.2 percent in April compared with 7.1 percent rise in March.
“Excluding ships, railway and aerospace equipment, for which changes tend to be more volatile, industrial new orders grew by 1.1% in the euro area and by 0.9% in the EU27,” the report said.
Compared on yearly basis, the industrial new orders were up by 22.1 percent in the euro area and 21.8 percent in the EU27.
In April, new orders for intermediate goods increased by 1.7 percent and 2.1 percent in the euro area and EU27 respectively. Orders for capital goods showed a decline of 0.8 percent and 2.1 percent respectively.
Durable goods orders were down by 0.9 percent in euro area and 0.6 percent up in EU27.
Non-durable goods orders declined by 2.1 percent in April in both the regions.
On an annual basis, new orders for intermediate goods saw the highest increase in both the regions while non-durable goods recorded the lowest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Muslim Leaders Refuse to Approve Tony Abbott’s Terrorism Law
- American Doctor Dr Kent Brantly Survives Deadly Ebola, Released from Hospital, Sent Home
- Australian Tax Office Bitcoin Guidelines a 'Disappointment'; Virtual Currency Not Treated As Money
- Medicinal or Otherwise, Canadian Doctors Oppose Marijuana Smoking
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter