Euro zone industrial April orders up 0.9 percent
By Besta Shankar | June 25, 2010 1:27 AM EST
Euro zone's industrial new orders index increased by 0.9 percent in April, compared with a 5.1 percent increase in March, a report by Eurostat released on Thursday said.
In EU27, the index decreased by 0.2 percent in April compared with 7.1 percent rise in March.
“Excluding ships, railway and aerospace equipment, for which changes tend to be more volatile, industrial new orders grew by 1.1% in the euro area and by 0.9% in the EU27,” the report said.
Compared on yearly basis, the industrial new orders were up by 22.1 percent in the euro area and 21.8 percent in the EU27.
In April, new orders for intermediate goods increased by 1.7 percent and 2.1 percent in the euro area and EU27 respectively. Orders for capital goods showed a decline of 0.8 percent and 2.1 percent respectively.
Durable goods orders were down by 0.9 percent in euro area and 0.6 percent up in EU27.
Non-durable goods orders declined by 2.1 percent in April in both the regions.
On an annual basis, new orders for intermediate goods saw the highest increase in both the regions while non-durable goods recorded the lowest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Too Much Blow for Mourning Families as Rebels Steal Bodies; Complete Passenger. Crew List Released
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russia’s Putin World’s Getting Small, Pitted Against Global Leaders
- Health Canada Orders Labeling of Mechanically Tenderized Beef Meat
- How to Deal With Slackers at the Office
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People