Euro zone industrial April orders up 0.9 percent
By Besta Shankar | June 25, 2010 1:27 AM EST
Euro zone's industrial new orders index increased by 0.9 percent in April, compared with a 5.1 percent increase in March, a report by Eurostat released on Thursday said.
In EU27, the index decreased by 0.2 percent in April compared with 7.1 percent rise in March.
“Excluding ships, railway and aerospace equipment, for which changes tend to be more volatile, industrial new orders grew by 1.1% in the euro area and by 0.9% in the EU27,” the report said.
Compared on yearly basis, the industrial new orders were up by 22.1 percent in the euro area and 21.8 percent in the EU27.
In April, new orders for intermediate goods increased by 1.7 percent and 2.1 percent in the euro area and EU27 respectively. Orders for capital goods showed a decline of 0.8 percent and 2.1 percent respectively.
Durable goods orders were down by 0.9 percent in euro area and 0.6 percent up in EU27.
Non-durable goods orders declined by 2.1 percent in April in both the regions.
On an annual basis, new orders for intermediate goods saw the highest increase in both the regions while non-durable goods recorded the lowest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- China Crackdown Against Christianity: Removes Church Cross, Cites Building Code Violation
- Australia’s Richest People Under 30 in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date