Euro zone industrial April orders up 0.9 percent
By Besta Shankar | June 25, 2010 1:27 AM EST
Euro zone's industrial new orders index increased by 0.9 percent in April, compared with a 5.1 percent increase in March, a report by Eurostat released on Thursday said.
In EU27, the index decreased by 0.2 percent in April compared with 7.1 percent rise in March.
“Excluding ships, railway and aerospace equipment, for which changes tend to be more volatile, industrial new orders grew by 1.1% in the euro area and by 0.9% in the EU27,” the report said.
Compared on yearly basis, the industrial new orders were up by 22.1 percent in the euro area and 21.8 percent in the EU27.
In April, new orders for intermediate goods increased by 1.7 percent and 2.1 percent in the euro area and EU27 respectively. Orders for capital goods showed a decline of 0.8 percent and 2.1 percent respectively.
Durable goods orders were down by 0.9 percent in euro area and 0.6 percent up in EU27.
Non-durable goods orders declined by 2.1 percent in April in both the regions.
On an annual basis, new orders for intermediate goods saw the highest increase in both the regions while non-durable goods recorded the lowest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Update: Death Toll Reaches 2,461; US$1B Is Needed To Fight It, Says UN
- BC Teachers’ Strike Reaches Tentative Deal With Government, Date of Class Resumptions Still Not Sure
- West Africa Ebola Epidemic To Last 12-18 Months More
- Security for Pope Francis' Albania Trip At Status Quo, Won’t Be Reinforced Despite ISIS Threat – Vatican
- Air France Pilots’ Strike: Only 40% of Scheduled Wednesday Flights Will Operate
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet