Euro zone industrial April orders up 0.9 percent
By Besta Shankar | June 25, 2010 1:27 AM EST
Euro zone's industrial new orders index increased by 0.9 percent in April, compared with a 5.1 percent increase in March, a report by Eurostat released on Thursday said.
In EU27, the index decreased by 0.2 percent in April compared with 7.1 percent rise in March.
“Excluding ships, railway and aerospace equipment, for which changes tend to be more volatile, industrial new orders grew by 1.1% in the euro area and by 0.9% in the EU27,” the report said.
Compared on yearly basis, the industrial new orders were up by 22.1 percent in the euro area and 21.8 percent in the EU27.
In April, new orders for intermediate goods increased by 1.7 percent and 2.1 percent in the euro area and EU27 respectively. Orders for capital goods showed a decline of 0.8 percent and 2.1 percent respectively.
Durable goods orders were down by 0.9 percent in euro area and 0.6 percent up in EU27.
Non-durable goods orders declined by 2.1 percent in April in both the regions.
On an annual basis, new orders for intermediate goods saw the highest increase in both the regions while non-durable goods recorded the lowest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Low Birth Rate May Be Due to Low Confidence in Economy
- Fears Of Infection Spread Prompt Some US Hospitals To Refuse Ebola Patients
- Readers Slam a Book Showing That US Wealth And Power Rests on Slave Labour
- LG G Watch R To Be Available Globally Starting With Europe, North America And Asia Through Retail Sites And Play Store
- Young Teen Fighter Says ISIS Uses Drugs On Suicide Bombers To Get Them Perform The Act
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'