iPad 3 Release Date: Apple Reportedly Set for March 23 Launch in Germany with Siri on Board
By Kukil Bora | February 23, 2012 12:44 AM EST
The report further stated that even Redmond Pie's "German brethren believe that the iPad 3 will go on sale on March 23rd in their country, though the site does not go on to mention release days elsewhere."
iFun.de cited its Asian sources' speculations about iPad 3 and said that the device would not only have a faster processor and better furnished screen, but also Apple's personal voice assistant Siri.
Chinese Web site Apple Pro also came up with several details about the expected specifications of the third generation iPad. According to it, the device will have a dual-core processor, a variant of the A5 called the A5X, a camera capable of shooting video at 1080p and the Siri personal assistant.
The site also reported a front glass panel which it believed was for iPad 3 and said that it looked pretty much like iPad 2 panel. The only exception was a slightly longer ribbon cable.
However, iFun.de declined the April launch in Germany, betting on March 23 as the potential release date for the iPad 3, which goes against the highly rumored March 7 launch for the device.
Various reports also suggest that Apple might delay the release of iPad 3 due to the iPad trademark issue in China. Apple's iPad tablets have been banned in China over a sour trademark dispute between the Cupertino tech giant and Proview - a bankrupt Chinese company.
Starting from a much improved processor to super-fast docking ports, a whole lot of rumored features has been associated with the upcoming tablet. While some of the features seem to be very unlikely, there are others that Apple can't afford to ignore to integrate in the iPad 3 to maintain its lead in the tablet war.
In a recent report, MacRumors claimed to have acquired a leaked photo of iPad 3 suggesting that the device will come with the same 9.7-inch size display, with a high resolution screen of 2048x1536 which is four times the number of pixels of the current iPad 2.
A DigiTime report talked about the same specifications, adding that the device will also have dual-LED light bars to strengthen the brightness of the panels.
Rumors were also heard about Apple utilizing IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) flat panels instead of IPS (in-plane switching panels) in its "next-generation mobile display products" such as iPad 3.
The next iPad is highly expected to be compatible with long-term evolution (LTE), a wireless network that gives access to data more quickly. Bloomberg reported recently that Apple has been working on making the iPad compatible with LTE.
Carriers such as Verizon Wireless (VZ) and ATT Inc. (T) are rolling out LTE networks to give users faster access to data, the report has stated.
Since iPad's rival products are continuously coming with more powerful and improved cameras, it's time for Apple to empower its tablet with a more enhanced camera, at least a 5 megapixel camera (superior to that would be even better) with dual-LED flash, capable of taking both stills and full-HD videos.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’