iPhone 5 to Debut in Fall - Real or Rumor?
By Wendy Li | February 21, 2012 9:43 AM EST
Apple fans may need to wait a little longer for the iPhone 5 to release than previous rumors suggested. Japanese blog Macotakara now says the highly anticipated handset will debut in September or October.
"According to Asian reliable source, next iPhone will be released in September or October, and this cycle seems to be kept for years," the report said.
Earlier, Taiwanese site DigiTimes claimed that the iPhone 5 will debt at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June, suggesting that the current iPhone 4S would have a very short life cycle - only eight months - as the iPhone 4S was unveiled last October. Macotakara, however, believes the tech giant might want to let iPhone 4S enjoy its success run a bit longer before releasing iPhone 5.
MacRumors supports the fall release date, since it "heard from a representative of a supplier known to provide parts for the iPhone that Apple's ordering plans are pointing toward a launch of new hardware in the September. "
Moreover, iMore recently reported that Apple might want to launch its LTE-enabled iPhone 5 in October, which is in line with Macotakara's report.
According to the previous rumors, the iPhone 5 will boast NFC, Lytro camera, waterproof coating, quad-core processor, a physical camera button and more.
Click here to find out more details about the iPhone 5' rumored features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand