iPhone 5 to Debut in Fall - Real or Rumor?
By Wendy Li | February 21, 2012 9:43 AM EST
Apple fans may need to wait a little longer for the iPhone 5 to release than previous rumors suggested. Japanese blog Macotakara now says the highly anticipated handset will debut in September or October.
"According to Asian reliable source, next iPhone will be released in September or October, and this cycle seems to be kept for years," the report said.
Earlier, Taiwanese site DigiTimes claimed that the iPhone 5 will debt at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June, suggesting that the current iPhone 4S would have a very short life cycle - only eight months - as the iPhone 4S was unveiled last October. Macotakara, however, believes the tech giant might want to let iPhone 4S enjoy its success run a bit longer before releasing iPhone 5.
MacRumors supports the fall release date, since it "heard from a representative of a supplier known to provide parts for the iPhone that Apple's ordering plans are pointing toward a launch of new hardware in the September. "
Moreover, iMore recently reported that Apple might want to launch its LTE-enabled iPhone 5 in October, which is in line with Macotakara's report.
According to the previous rumors, the iPhone 5 will boast NFC, Lytro camera, waterproof coating, quad-core processor, a physical camera button and more.
Click here to find out more details about the iPhone 5' rumored features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899