Beer Pong Beer: 3 Things to Know About the New Brew
By Amanda Remling | February 17, 2012 7:47 AM EST
Long gone are the days where you'll have to reach for the Keystone to fill your red Solo cups. Pong Beer is the latest beer to satisfy all your beer pong needs...its name practically says it.
"Crisp, smooth, and refreshing light beer" is what Pong Beer promises to their future consumers. The brew, which was founded in 2010, prides itself in using only the "finest natural ingredients," but beer drinkers may want it for one other reason. A 30-pack of this refreshing beverage comes along with two free ping pong balls.
Here are three things to know about this "sport" inspired beverage.
According to the brew's Facebook page, people search for the term "beer pong" over 300,000 times a month. These searches mean that in a year "beer pong" is searched at least 3,600,000 a year. Pong Beer is ultimately tapping into an industry that totals $20 million in sales.
10 States 40 To Go
Brewed at the LaTrobe Brewery in Pennsylvania, the alcoholic beverage is currently available in 10 states, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. California, Texas and Florida, among others, may look forward to Pong Beer gracing their state soon. Pong Beer entices future wholesalers to invest in their product with the statement, "Your customers are playing it. Why aren't you selling it?"
Pong Beer's mission is to be the number one selling light beer in the United States. Studies conducted on college students don't make their mission seem that far from possible. Four studies that surveyed 6000 college students showed that 50% play beer pong. What the survey didn't show is that almost 100% of college student enjoy cheap beer.
Pong Beer might not be created for the beer connoisseur, but for the beer pong champions of the world it's definitely something new to fill the Solo cups. Just remember to "Pong responsibly."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown