Beer Pong Beer: 3 Things to Know About the New Brew
By Amanda Remling | February 17, 2012 7:47 AM EST
Long gone are the days where you'll have to reach for the Keystone to fill your red Solo cups. Pong Beer is the latest beer to satisfy all your beer pong needs...its name practically says it.
"Crisp, smooth, and refreshing light beer" is what Pong Beer promises to their future consumers. The brew, which was founded in 2010, prides itself in using only the "finest natural ingredients," but beer drinkers may want it for one other reason. A 30-pack of this refreshing beverage comes along with two free ping pong balls.
Here are three things to know about this "sport" inspired beverage.
According to the brew's Facebook page, people search for the term "beer pong" over 300,000 times a month. These searches mean that in a year "beer pong" is searched at least 3,600,000 a year. Pong Beer is ultimately tapping into an industry that totals $20 million in sales.
10 States 40 To Go
Brewed at the LaTrobe Brewery in Pennsylvania, the alcoholic beverage is currently available in 10 states, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. California, Texas and Florida, among others, may look forward to Pong Beer gracing their state soon. Pong Beer entices future wholesalers to invest in their product with the statement, "Your customers are playing it. Why aren't you selling it?"
Pong Beer's mission is to be the number one selling light beer in the United States. Studies conducted on college students don't make their mission seem that far from possible. Four studies that surveyed 6000 college students showed that 50% play beer pong. What the survey didn't show is that almost 100% of college student enjoy cheap beer.
Pong Beer might not be created for the beer connoisseur, but for the beer pong champions of the world it's definitely something new to fill the Solo cups. Just remember to "Pong responsibly."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists