Beer Pong Beer: 3 Things to Know About the New Brew
By Amanda Remling | February 17, 2012 7:47 AM EST
Long gone are the days where you'll have to reach for the Keystone to fill your red Solo cups. Pong Beer is the latest beer to satisfy all your beer pong needs...its name practically says it.
"Crisp, smooth, and refreshing light beer" is what Pong Beer promises to their future consumers. The brew, which was founded in 2010, prides itself in using only the "finest natural ingredients," but beer drinkers may want it for one other reason. A 30-pack of this refreshing beverage comes along with two free ping pong balls.
Here are three things to know about this "sport" inspired beverage.
According to the brew's Facebook page, people search for the term "beer pong" over 300,000 times a month. These searches mean that in a year "beer pong" is searched at least 3,600,000 a year. Pong Beer is ultimately tapping into an industry that totals $20 million in sales.
10 States 40 To Go
Brewed at the LaTrobe Brewery in Pennsylvania, the alcoholic beverage is currently available in 10 states, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. California, Texas and Florida, among others, may look forward to Pong Beer gracing their state soon. Pong Beer entices future wholesalers to invest in their product with the statement, "Your customers are playing it. Why aren't you selling it?"
Pong Beer's mission is to be the number one selling light beer in the United States. Studies conducted on college students don't make their mission seem that far from possible. Four studies that surveyed 6000 college students showed that 50% play beer pong. What the survey didn't show is that almost 100% of college student enjoy cheap beer.
Pong Beer might not be created for the beer connoisseur, but for the beer pong champions of the world it's definitely something new to fill the Solo cups. Just remember to "Pong responsibly."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Top 5 Prettiest Hair And Makeup Looks From The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
- Netizens Debate on True Owner of Manny Pacquiao Facebook Page Amid Report of Lost $585,000 Rolex
- Manny Pacquiao Recovers $585,000 Gold Rolex Watch Left in a Hotel Restroom
- Gucci Launches Own Makeup Collection In Partnership With Makeup Artist Pat McGrath
- Five Countries that Produce the Best Chocolate
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones