Mauritius maintains repo rate at 5.75 pct: cenbank
June 23, 2010 6:14 AM EST
Mauritius' Monetary Policy Committee left the central bank's benchmark repo rate unchanged at 5.75 percent in line with market expectations on Tuesday.
Analysts told Reuters last week that the lack of clarity in the euro zone -- a key source of tourists for the Indian Ocean resort island -- risk aversion and low savings rates would inform a decision to maintain the rate.
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Australian Economy Expected To Have ‘Solid Growth’ Despite Falling Iron Ore Prices
- Unique Traits That Make You A Millennial
- Top Google Canada 2014 Searches: Robin Williams, World Cup, iPhone 6
- Credit Card Debt 101: How To Get Yourself Back On Track