Mauritius maintains repo rate at 5.75 pct: cenbank
June 23, 2010 6:14 AM EST
Mauritius' Monetary Policy Committee left the central bank's benchmark repo rate unchanged at 5.75 percent in line with market expectations on Tuesday.
Analysts told Reuters last week that the lack of clarity in the euro zone -- a key source of tourists for the Indian Ocean resort island -- risk aversion and low savings rates would inform a decision to maintain the rate.
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More