Diggy Simmons: 5 Things to Know About 'The Future' of Rap
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 16, 2012 11:54 AM EST
Diggy Simmons, "The Future" of rap, aka Diggy, is one of the newest faces in the game, and he's taking it by storm.
1. He's got an album on the way: Diggy Simmons, who goes mostly by his rap name Diggy, has already released two popular mixtapes. But he's set to hit the big time this year with his first full-length album, "Unexpected Arrival," which will be released March 20 on Virgin Records. The album is already getting major hype, and you can pre-order it here. Pre-ordering the "Unexpected Arrival" CD will only set you back $10, but many listeners will likely pick it up on iTunes instead. The digital MP3 is only $10 as well.
2. He's in the middle of a nationwide tour: Diggy fans don't have to wait to see him live, as he's in the middle of a headlining tour of the United States aptly called "The Life of the Jetsetter." Learn more about the tour, which is taking Diggy Simmons from California to New York and everywhere in between.
3. He has his own shoe line: Diggy has always been a fresh dresser, but he took his game to a whole new level in 2011, when he started his own shoe line. Called Chivalrous Culture, the line offers a range of kicks and has taken off since its launch. Diggy says he gets his inspiration from rappers like Kanye West and Jay-Z, and his first shoe was called the Hamachi.
4. He's got street cred: Though he was born to Rev. Simmons, one of the real OGs and a member of Run DMC who has built himself quite a fortune through his music career -- which Diggy has benefited greatly from -- Diggy still has street cred. The 16-year-old was born in Queens, N.Y., the birthplace of street legends like Mobb Deep, Nas and 50 Cent. So when people call him soft or a daddy's boy, just remind them that he's from Queens. And his dad is the freaking Rev. Run.
5. He has a whole line of swag for his fans: Diggy Simmons lovers can show how much they like him by buying his official swag. Diggy is selling everything from official "Unexpected Arrival" sweatshirts and slim-fit Jetsetters tee-shirts to red-and-black die-cut bracelets and fly screen-printed posters for the wall of your room on his official site. If Diggy's coming to your town sometime in the near future, you're going to need the sickest gear, so be sure to hit up his Web site if you want to impress all the other fans of The Future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast