Diggy Simmons: 5 Things to Know About 'The Future' of Rap
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 16, 2012 11:54 AM EST
Diggy Simmons, "The Future" of rap, aka Diggy, is one of the newest faces in the game, and he's taking it by storm.
1. He's got an album on the way: Diggy Simmons, who goes mostly by his rap name Diggy, has already released two popular mixtapes. But he's set to hit the big time this year with his first full-length album, "Unexpected Arrival," which will be released March 20 on Virgin Records. The album is already getting major hype, and you can pre-order it here. Pre-ordering the "Unexpected Arrival" CD will only set you back $10, but many listeners will likely pick it up on iTunes instead. The digital MP3 is only $10 as well.
2. He's in the middle of a nationwide tour: Diggy fans don't have to wait to see him live, as he's in the middle of a headlining tour of the United States aptly called "The Life of the Jetsetter." Learn more about the tour, which is taking Diggy Simmons from California to New York and everywhere in between.
3. He has his own shoe line: Diggy has always been a fresh dresser, but he took his game to a whole new level in 2011, when he started his own shoe line. Called Chivalrous Culture, the line offers a range of kicks and has taken off since its launch. Diggy says he gets his inspiration from rappers like Kanye West and Jay-Z, and his first shoe was called the Hamachi.
4. He's got street cred: Though he was born to Rev. Simmons, one of the real OGs and a member of Run DMC who has built himself quite a fortune through his music career -- which Diggy has benefited greatly from -- Diggy still has street cred. The 16-year-old was born in Queens, N.Y., the birthplace of street legends like Mobb Deep, Nas and 50 Cent. So when people call him soft or a daddy's boy, just remind them that he's from Queens. And his dad is the freaking Rev. Run.
5. He has a whole line of swag for his fans: Diggy Simmons lovers can show how much they like him by buying his official swag. Diggy is selling everything from official "Unexpected Arrival" sweatshirts and slim-fit Jetsetters tee-shirts to red-and-black die-cut bracelets and fly screen-printed posters for the wall of your room on his official site. If Diggy's coming to your town sometime in the near future, you're going to need the sickest gear, so be sure to hit up his Web site if you want to impress all the other fans of The Future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery