Diggy Simmons: 5 Things to Know About 'The Future' of Rap
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 16, 2012 11:54 AM EST
Diggy Simmons, "The Future" of rap, aka Diggy, is one of the newest faces in the game, and he's taking it by storm.
1. He's got an album on the way: Diggy Simmons, who goes mostly by his rap name Diggy, has already released two popular mixtapes. But he's set to hit the big time this year with his first full-length album, "Unexpected Arrival," which will be released March 20 on Virgin Records. The album is already getting major hype, and you can pre-order it here. Pre-ordering the "Unexpected Arrival" CD will only set you back $10, but many listeners will likely pick it up on iTunes instead. The digital MP3 is only $10 as well.
2. He's in the middle of a nationwide tour: Diggy fans don't have to wait to see him live, as he's in the middle of a headlining tour of the United States aptly called "The Life of the Jetsetter." Learn more about the tour, which is taking Diggy Simmons from California to New York and everywhere in between.
3. He has his own shoe line: Diggy has always been a fresh dresser, but he took his game to a whole new level in 2011, when he started his own shoe line. Called Chivalrous Culture, the line offers a range of kicks and has taken off since its launch. Diggy says he gets his inspiration from rappers like Kanye West and Jay-Z, and his first shoe was called the Hamachi.
4. He's got street cred: Though he was born to Rev. Simmons, one of the real OGs and a member of Run DMC who has built himself quite a fortune through his music career -- which Diggy has benefited greatly from -- Diggy still has street cred. The 16-year-old was born in Queens, N.Y., the birthplace of street legends like Mobb Deep, Nas and 50 Cent. So when people call him soft or a daddy's boy, just remind them that he's from Queens. And his dad is the freaking Rev. Run.
5. He has a whole line of swag for his fans: Diggy Simmons lovers can show how much they like him by buying his official swag. Diggy is selling everything from official "Unexpected Arrival" sweatshirts and slim-fit Jetsetters tee-shirts to red-and-black die-cut bracelets and fly screen-printed posters for the wall of your room on his official site. If Diggy's coming to your town sometime in the near future, you're going to need the sickest gear, so be sure to hit up his Web site if you want to impress all the other fans of The Future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar