Diggy Simmons: 5 Things to Know About 'The Future' of Rap
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 16, 2012 11:54 AM EST
Diggy Simmons, "The Future" of rap, aka Diggy, is one of the newest faces in the game, and he's taking it by storm.
1. He's got an album on the way: Diggy Simmons, who goes mostly by his rap name Diggy, has already released two popular mixtapes. But he's set to hit the big time this year with his first full-length album, "Unexpected Arrival," which will be released March 20 on Virgin Records. The album is already getting major hype, and you can pre-order it here. Pre-ordering the "Unexpected Arrival" CD will only set you back $10, but many listeners will likely pick it up on iTunes instead. The digital MP3 is only $10 as well.
2. He's in the middle of a nationwide tour: Diggy fans don't have to wait to see him live, as he's in the middle of a headlining tour of the United States aptly called "The Life of the Jetsetter." Learn more about the tour, which is taking Diggy Simmons from California to New York and everywhere in between.
3. He has his own shoe line: Diggy has always been a fresh dresser, but he took his game to a whole new level in 2011, when he started his own shoe line. Called Chivalrous Culture, the line offers a range of kicks and has taken off since its launch. Diggy says he gets his inspiration from rappers like Kanye West and Jay-Z, and his first shoe was called the Hamachi.
4. He's got street cred: Though he was born to Rev. Simmons, one of the real OGs and a member of Run DMC who has built himself quite a fortune through his music career -- which Diggy has benefited greatly from -- Diggy still has street cred. The 16-year-old was born in Queens, N.Y., the birthplace of street legends like Mobb Deep, Nas and 50 Cent. So when people call him soft or a daddy's boy, just remind them that he's from Queens. And his dad is the freaking Rev. Run.
5. He has a whole line of swag for his fans: Diggy Simmons lovers can show how much they like him by buying his official swag. Diggy is selling everything from official "Unexpected Arrival" sweatshirts and slim-fit Jetsetters tee-shirts to red-and-black die-cut bracelets and fly screen-printed posters for the wall of your room on his official site. If Diggy's coming to your town sometime in the near future, you're going to need the sickest gear, so be sure to hit up his Web site if you want to impress all the other fans of The Future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU