Binary options on the GBP/USD: A few approaches
February 16, 2012 2:01 AM EST
The question is what might be the best approach to trading the news. Traders could look for signals to trade technical breaks or surprise announcements before and during Governor King's talks. With a binary trade, such as an hourly CALL or PUT option on the pair, the decision boils down to direction and value at risk. For example, in a downtrend you might want to place an $850 hourly PUT option on the pair with a 70% return. If the insurance on the trade were 10% you would have either $1,445 or $85 back from the trade. (Alternatively, the example above shows a current 85% return on the trade, with 0% insurance for out-of-the-money expiration).
If you don't fancy trading on the news, another approach would be to trade on the technicals thru near-term (hourly) support and resistance levels. In this regard a trader might be agnostic to the news on the pound and Governor King's comments, focusing instead on the technical bounce off a support line, or pull back from near-term resistance levels. The hourly window could be a good consideration particularly if impact on longer time frames are less clear.
Last point for consideration for more advanced traders is a hedge on the pair. It could be interesting to set up a binary hedge on the GPB/USD with conventional forex positions, trading for example a bearish FX strategy together with an hourly CALL option to hedge against a potential failed breakout.
Start trading Binary Options with TradeSmarter!
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How