Nasdaq briefly turns lower
June 22, 2010 8:16 AM EST
The Nasdaq briefly turned lower and the Dow and S&P 500 pared gains in afternoon trading on Monday, with Research In Motion among the top drags on the Nasdaq.
Optimism about China's vow to allow a flexible yuan currency provided market support.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was up 42.63 points, or 0.41 percent, at 10,493.27. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 3.02 points, or 0.27 percent, at 1,120.53. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was down 0.82 points, or 0.04 percent, at 2,308.98.
(Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists