New Zealand UFO Mystery Solved
By Arlene Paredes | February 13, 2012 11:30 AM EST
Kiwis were caught in the mystery of what seemed like UFO sightings in a major city over the weekend, but an answer has come to light soon enough, Fairfax NZ reported.
The Taranaki Daily News reported receiving alerts regarding strange lights in the sky at about 9.30 pm on Saturday at New Plymouth of the Taranaki Region.
One of the daily's readers reported sightings of a set of six bright red lights moving from the east before turning and disappearing in the north.
''At first there were three lights travelling in a triangle formation and then three more followed,'' said the man.
The Daily News reported the sightings on its website, and an answer surfaced from one the readers.
Bride-to-be Sarah Lineham, who got married Sunday to Daniel Le Breton, said that during a banquet dinner for the bridal party a night before the wedding, celebrants lit a series of floating lanterns, which were then sent off into the sky from around 9.30 pm.
''So it was us, I'm afraid,'' she said, adding, "It was fairly windy last night, and most of the lanterns took off fairly quickly.''
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight