Pattaya Open: Sania in Dubles Final
February 12, 2012 10:53 PM EST
India's Sania Mirza and her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova made to the finals of the WTA Pattaya Open with a straight set win over Akgul Amanmuradova and Kimiko-Date Krumm, Pattaya in Thailand Sunday.
Sania, playing without her regular partner Elene Vesnina, combined well with the Australian and dominated the game to win 6-4, 6-4.
The Indian had earlier bowed out of singles in the quarter-finals.
Her performance in the doubles is likely to boost her rankings keeping her in line with Olympic qualification.
Sania is looking at retaining her position in the top 10 doubles rankings which would ensure her qualification for the Olympics.
The All India Tennis Association (AITA) will decide the doubles pairing for the Olympics and Mahesh Bhupathi is likely to get the nod ahead of Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter