Pattaya Open: Sania in Dubles Final
February 12, 2012 10:53 PM EST
India's Sania Mirza and her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova made to the finals of the WTA Pattaya Open with a straight set win over Akgul Amanmuradova and Kimiko-Date Krumm, Pattaya in Thailand Sunday.
Sania, playing without her regular partner Elene Vesnina, combined well with the Australian and dominated the game to win 6-4, 6-4.
The Indian had earlier bowed out of singles in the quarter-finals.
Her performance in the doubles is likely to boost her rankings keeping her in line with Olympic qualification.
Sania is looking at retaining her position in the top 10 doubles rankings which would ensure her qualification for the Olympics.
The All India Tennis Association (AITA) will decide the doubles pairing for the Olympics and Mahesh Bhupathi is likely to get the nod ahead of Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight