Pattaya Open: Sania in Dubles Final
February 12, 2012 10:53 PM EST
India's Sania Mirza and her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova made to the finals of the WTA Pattaya Open with a straight set win over Akgul Amanmuradova and Kimiko-Date Krumm, Pattaya in Thailand Sunday.
Sania, playing without her regular partner Elene Vesnina, combined well with the Australian and dominated the game to win 6-4, 6-4.
The Indian had earlier bowed out of singles in the quarter-finals.
Her performance in the doubles is likely to boost her rankings keeping her in line with Olympic qualification.
Sania is looking at retaining her position in the top 10 doubles rankings which would ensure her qualification for the Olympics.
The All India Tennis Association (AITA) will decide the doubles pairing for the Olympics and Mahesh Bhupathi is likely to get the nod ahead of Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna.
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season