US Yoghurt Company Says Sorry To Aussie Folk Band For Using Song In Super Bowl Ad [VIDEO]
By Christine Lazaro | February 10, 2012 9:49 PM EST
Dannon, the big name of Yoghurts in the US has extended its sincerest apologies to John Butler Trio for having used the song of the folk band that came from the land of Down Under. The said song was used as a jingle for the ad that was aired during the most recent Super Bowl.
The advertisement was aired for a primetime spot on television which costs about $3 million. It somehow sounded with a riff that sounded similarly the same as the riff of the John Butler Trio's song called 'Zebra.'
Check out the actual ad below:
The ad also had John Stamos for its lead actor and it was entitled 'The Tease' which was reportedly to have cost $50,000 for production alone. With John Butler Trio being a popular and award winning Aussie band, their solid fans reached out to them about this controversial use of their song over the band's Facebook page.
Grateful To Fans
The group who is also known for being political activists thanked everyone who helped them be aware of this music plagiarism issue. They were represented by their band management over at Facebook as well.
The band's official spokesman stated that they would seek immediate legal advice towards handling the matter as they are still in the process of investigating the whole scenario.
The alleged ad was seen by millions of audiences during the big event of the Super Bowl and was viewed by around two million people over at YouTube - a viewing rate tripled when compared to the number of views of the song 'Zebra.'
Michael Easton, an entertainment lawyer said that this could be out of pure coincidence as well as what he shared with ABC Radio.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage