US Yoghurt Company Says Sorry To Aussie Folk Band For Using Song In Super Bowl Ad [VIDEO]
By Christine Lazaro | February 10, 2012 9:49 PM EST
Dannon, the big name of Yoghurts in the US has extended its sincerest apologies to John Butler Trio for having used the song of the folk band that came from the land of Down Under. The said song was used as a jingle for the ad that was aired during the most recent Super Bowl.
The advertisement was aired for a primetime spot on television which costs about $3 million. It somehow sounded with a riff that sounded similarly the same as the riff of the John Butler Trio's song called 'Zebra.'
Check out the actual ad below:
The ad also had John Stamos for its lead actor and it was entitled 'The Tease' which was reportedly to have cost $50,000 for production alone. With John Butler Trio being a popular and award winning Aussie band, their solid fans reached out to them about this controversial use of their song over the band's Facebook page.
Grateful To Fans
The group who is also known for being political activists thanked everyone who helped them be aware of this music plagiarism issue. They were represented by their band management over at Facebook as well.
The band's official spokesman stated that they would seek immediate legal advice towards handling the matter as they are still in the process of investigating the whole scenario.
The alleged ad was seen by millions of audiences during the big event of the Super Bowl and was viewed by around two million people over at YouTube - a viewing rate tripled when compared to the number of views of the song 'Zebra.'
Michael Easton, an entertainment lawyer said that this could be out of pure coincidence as well as what he shared with ABC Radio.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports