'Harry Potter's' Tom Felton to Join Elizabeth Olsen in 'Therese Raquin'
By Diadem Pambid | February 9, 2012 2:12 PM EST
"Harry Potter's" Slytherin Prince has finally bagged another role. Tom Felton joins the ranks of his rising co-stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe in another post-Hogwarts film. The boy who appeared in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" is next to star alongside Elizabeth Olsen and Glenn Close in "Therese Raquin."
The world has seen Tom Felton play Draco Malfoy. The boy who enjoyed tormenting Harry Potter's life and most recently the boy who loved terrorizing poor apes is now set to torment another poor soul, and it comes in the form of Elizabeth Olsen.
Deadline has initially reported that the British star has agreed and signed onto the period thriller and drama, "Therese Raquin". Though if fans are expecting him to finally act on his good side Felton will instead be playing the role of a sick, not to mention spoiled, young man which quite resembles his role as Draco Malfoy. Olsen will play the role of a young woman who is forced by Glenn Close, her aunt, into marrying the spoiled, Tom Felton, her first cousin.
Though it would normally cause normal girls to shriek and swoon over the dastardly looking Tom Felton, the opposite goes for Olsen in the film. She falls into desperation and falls in love with another man, her husband's childhood friend named Laurent. The two then decide to murder poor Felton. Though Felton isn't an easy soul to appease, he haunts the pair until Laurent and Olsen fall into a tragic end. It doesn't sound like a very happy ending, but with director Charlie Stratton on board it holds the promise of an interesting thriller.
The stars of "Harry Potter" are proving to be way more talented despite the end of their wizardly franchise. Felton's co-star in the Potter films, Daniel Radcliffe, is one of the stars who are making a name for himself outside the walls of Hogwarts. Radcliffe's first post-Potter film, "The Woman in Black," managed to rack up $21 million in just its opening week. Another "Potter" star making waves in Hollywood is Emma Watson, who appeared recently in the film, "My Week with Marilyn". She is next to appear in the highly anticipated film, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" alongside Logan Lerman. Director David Yates is also said to be in the works alongside Emma Watson in the film, "Your Voice in My Head."
As for Tom Felton, "Therese Raquin" is just another film to be added in the much awaited films of this year. He also is set to star in the sports drama, "From the Rough" and in the horror flick, "The Apparition." Great job Felton, surely your "Father will hear about this."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date