'Harry Potter's' Tom Felton to Join Elizabeth Olsen in 'Therese Raquin'
By Diadem Pambid | February 9, 2012 2:12 PM EST
"Harry Potter's" Slytherin Prince has finally bagged another role. Tom Felton joins the ranks of his rising co-stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe in another post-Hogwarts film. The boy who appeared in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" is next to star alongside Elizabeth Olsen and Glenn Close in "Therese Raquin."
The world has seen Tom Felton play Draco Malfoy. The boy who enjoyed tormenting Harry Potter's life and most recently the boy who loved terrorizing poor apes is now set to torment another poor soul, and it comes in the form of Elizabeth Olsen.
Deadline has initially reported that the British star has agreed and signed onto the period thriller and drama, "Therese Raquin". Though if fans are expecting him to finally act on his good side Felton will instead be playing the role of a sick, not to mention spoiled, young man which quite resembles his role as Draco Malfoy. Olsen will play the role of a young woman who is forced by Glenn Close, her aunt, into marrying the spoiled, Tom Felton, her first cousin.
Though it would normally cause normal girls to shriek and swoon over the dastardly looking Tom Felton, the opposite goes for Olsen in the film. She falls into desperation and falls in love with another man, her husband's childhood friend named Laurent. The two then decide to murder poor Felton. Though Felton isn't an easy soul to appease, he haunts the pair until Laurent and Olsen fall into a tragic end. It doesn't sound like a very happy ending, but with director Charlie Stratton on board it holds the promise of an interesting thriller.
The stars of "Harry Potter" are proving to be way more talented despite the end of their wizardly franchise. Felton's co-star in the Potter films, Daniel Radcliffe, is one of the stars who are making a name for himself outside the walls of Hogwarts. Radcliffe's first post-Potter film, "The Woman in Black," managed to rack up $21 million in just its opening week. Another "Potter" star making waves in Hollywood is Emma Watson, who appeared recently in the film, "My Week with Marilyn". She is next to appear in the highly anticipated film, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" alongside Logan Lerman. Director David Yates is also said to be in the works alongside Emma Watson in the film, "Your Voice in My Head."
As for Tom Felton, "Therese Raquin" is just another film to be added in the much awaited films of this year. He also is set to star in the sports drama, "From the Rough" and in the horror flick, "The Apparition." Great job Felton, surely your "Father will hear about this."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage