'Harry Potter's' Tom Felton to Join Elizabeth Olsen in 'Therese Raquin'
By Diadem Pambid | February 9, 2012 2:12 PM EST
"Harry Potter's" Slytherin Prince has finally bagged another role. Tom Felton joins the ranks of his rising co-stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe in another post-Hogwarts film. The boy who appeared in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" is next to star alongside Elizabeth Olsen and Glenn Close in "Therese Raquin."
The world has seen Tom Felton play Draco Malfoy. The boy who enjoyed tormenting Harry Potter's life and most recently the boy who loved terrorizing poor apes is now set to torment another poor soul, and it comes in the form of Elizabeth Olsen.
Deadline has initially reported that the British star has agreed and signed onto the period thriller and drama, "Therese Raquin". Though if fans are expecting him to finally act on his good side Felton will instead be playing the role of a sick, not to mention spoiled, young man which quite resembles his role as Draco Malfoy. Olsen will play the role of a young woman who is forced by Glenn Close, her aunt, into marrying the spoiled, Tom Felton, her first cousin.
Though it would normally cause normal girls to shriek and swoon over the dastardly looking Tom Felton, the opposite goes for Olsen in the film. She falls into desperation and falls in love with another man, her husband's childhood friend named Laurent. The two then decide to murder poor Felton. Though Felton isn't an easy soul to appease, he haunts the pair until Laurent and Olsen fall into a tragic end. It doesn't sound like a very happy ending, but with director Charlie Stratton on board it holds the promise of an interesting thriller.
The stars of "Harry Potter" are proving to be way more talented despite the end of their wizardly franchise. Felton's co-star in the Potter films, Daniel Radcliffe, is one of the stars who are making a name for himself outside the walls of Hogwarts. Radcliffe's first post-Potter film, "The Woman in Black," managed to rack up $21 million in just its opening week. Another "Potter" star making waves in Hollywood is Emma Watson, who appeared recently in the film, "My Week with Marilyn". She is next to appear in the highly anticipated film, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" alongside Logan Lerman. Director David Yates is also said to be in the works alongside Emma Watson in the film, "Your Voice in My Head."
As for Tom Felton, "Therese Raquin" is just another film to be added in the much awaited films of this year. He also is set to star in the sports drama, "From the Rough" and in the horror flick, "The Apparition." Great job Felton, surely your "Father will hear about this."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy