'Harry Potter's' Tom Felton to Join Elizabeth Olsen in 'Therese Raquin'
By Diadem Pambid | February 9, 2012 2:12 PM EST
"Harry Potter's" Slytherin Prince has finally bagged another role. Tom Felton joins the ranks of his rising co-stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe in another post-Hogwarts film. The boy who appeared in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" is next to star alongside Elizabeth Olsen and Glenn Close in "Therese Raquin."
The world has seen Tom Felton play Draco Malfoy. The boy who enjoyed tormenting Harry Potter's life and most recently the boy who loved terrorizing poor apes is now set to torment another poor soul, and it comes in the form of Elizabeth Olsen.
Deadline has initially reported that the British star has agreed and signed onto the period thriller and drama, "Therese Raquin". Though if fans are expecting him to finally act on his good side Felton will instead be playing the role of a sick, not to mention spoiled, young man which quite resembles his role as Draco Malfoy. Olsen will play the role of a young woman who is forced by Glenn Close, her aunt, into marrying the spoiled, Tom Felton, her first cousin.
Though it would normally cause normal girls to shriek and swoon over the dastardly looking Tom Felton, the opposite goes for Olsen in the film. She falls into desperation and falls in love with another man, her husband's childhood friend named Laurent. The two then decide to murder poor Felton. Though Felton isn't an easy soul to appease, he haunts the pair until Laurent and Olsen fall into a tragic end. It doesn't sound like a very happy ending, but with director Charlie Stratton on board it holds the promise of an interesting thriller.
The stars of "Harry Potter" are proving to be way more talented despite the end of their wizardly franchise. Felton's co-star in the Potter films, Daniel Radcliffe, is one of the stars who are making a name for himself outside the walls of Hogwarts. Radcliffe's first post-Potter film, "The Woman in Black," managed to rack up $21 million in just its opening week. Another "Potter" star making waves in Hollywood is Emma Watson, who appeared recently in the film, "My Week with Marilyn". She is next to appear in the highly anticipated film, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" alongside Logan Lerman. Director David Yates is also said to be in the works alongside Emma Watson in the film, "Your Voice in My Head."
As for Tom Felton, "Therese Raquin" is just another film to be added in the much awaited films of this year. He also is set to star in the sports drama, "From the Rough" and in the horror flick, "The Apparition." Great job Felton, surely your "Father will hear about this."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft