Robert Pattinson Gets Dissed by 'Twilight' Director
By Diadem Pambid | February 9, 2012 12:37 PM EST
Robert Pattinson may have a few things to say about his breakout film "Twilight," but every word he's spoken is nothing compared to "Twilight" director, Catherine Hardwicke. By the looks of it, the script, the duo and everything else about the film "sucked" - literally.
Stephenie Meyer's Twilight books -- "Twilight," "New Moon," "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" -- first published in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 respectively. The books won readers but little critical acclaim, and the first book was made into a movie in November of 2008.
Though Hardwicke, director of "Twilight," would have been expected to say only great things about the film, she had said the worst, causing a stir among Twi-hard fans, including Twi-hard moms.
"Every one of those scripts sucked. Oh, Lord, did they suck. I thought the script was horrible, but then I looked it up on the Internet and I thought, 'Okay, it's based on a book and people tend to like it. There's gotta be something there,'" said Catherine when she had to rewrite the scripts for "Twilight."
Yet, that isn't even the end of it. Though she might not have said it directly, Hardwicke felt like it was her fault why the Robsten duo came to be. It's not really something to be sorry about now because the crowd loves them. Who wouldn't? It could be related to her for Kristen Stewart's ex-boyfriend, Michael Angarano.
"He's a wonderful actor. He was in 'Dogtown', one of my favorites, so I felt pretty bad because I love him and they were such a great couple," shared Hardwicke in an interview with Vulture.
Sources did say that Robert Pattinson could have been the reason between Michael and Kristen's split. Though Robert wasn't an all out clean guy himself, he was allegedly flirting with "Twilight" co-star Nikki Reed, which would bring it back to an issue a few months ago where she had called Pattinson a "liar."
Well, looking at them now, Nikki is happily married while Michael is continuing making a name for him in the indie world of films. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart on the other hand are very much in love and showing the world that romance can bloom off-screen.
"After I cast him, I told Rob, 'Don't even think about having a romance with her,' " said Hardwicke in an interview with Time. "She's under 18. You will be arrested," she continued. Regardless Catherine's earlier warning to Pattinson during the filming of "Twilight", the two have fallen head over heels for each other.
If there's one thing she should be sorry about, it would be dissing the Robsten duo and her own film. Good luck with the hoards of angry "Twilight" fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Bendable Galaxy S6 Release in 2015 Possible as Samsung Reveals Plans
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports