Robert Pattinson Gets Dissed by 'Twilight' Director
By Diadem Pambid | February 9, 2012 12:37 PM EST
Robert Pattinson may have a few things to say about his breakout film "Twilight," but every word he's spoken is nothing compared to "Twilight" director, Catherine Hardwicke. By the looks of it, the script, the duo and everything else about the film "sucked" - literally.
Stephenie Meyer's Twilight books -- "Twilight," "New Moon," "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" -- first published in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 respectively. The books won readers but little critical acclaim, and the first book was made into a movie in November of 2008.
Though Hardwicke, director of "Twilight," would have been expected to say only great things about the film, she had said the worst, causing a stir among Twi-hard fans, including Twi-hard moms.
"Every one of those scripts sucked. Oh, Lord, did they suck. I thought the script was horrible, but then I looked it up on the Internet and I thought, 'Okay, it's based on a book and people tend to like it. There's gotta be something there,'" said Catherine when she had to rewrite the scripts for "Twilight."
Yet, that isn't even the end of it. Though she might not have said it directly, Hardwicke felt like it was her fault why the Robsten duo came to be. It's not really something to be sorry about now because the crowd loves them. Who wouldn't? It could be related to her for Kristen Stewart's ex-boyfriend, Michael Angarano.
"He's a wonderful actor. He was in 'Dogtown', one of my favorites, so I felt pretty bad because I love him and they were such a great couple," shared Hardwicke in an interview with Vulture.
Sources did say that Robert Pattinson could have been the reason between Michael and Kristen's split. Though Robert wasn't an all out clean guy himself, he was allegedly flirting with "Twilight" co-star Nikki Reed, which would bring it back to an issue a few months ago where she had called Pattinson a "liar."
Well, looking at them now, Nikki is happily married while Michael is continuing making a name for him in the indie world of films. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart on the other hand are very much in love and showing the world that romance can bloom off-screen.
"After I cast him, I told Rob, 'Don't even think about having a romance with her,' " said Hardwicke in an interview with Time. "She's under 18. You will be arrested," she continued. Regardless Catherine's earlier warning to Pattinson during the filming of "Twilight", the two have fallen head over heels for each other.
If there's one thing she should be sorry about, it would be dissing the Robsten duo and her own film. Good luck with the hoards of angry "Twilight" fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales