Robert Pattinson Gets Dissed by 'Twilight' Director
By Diadem Pambid | February 9, 2012 12:37 PM EST
Robert Pattinson may have a few things to say about his breakout film "Twilight," but every word he's spoken is nothing compared to "Twilight" director, Catherine Hardwicke. By the looks of it, the script, the duo and everything else about the film "sucked" - literally.
Stephenie Meyer's Twilight books -- "Twilight," "New Moon," "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" -- first published in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 respectively. The books won readers but little critical acclaim, and the first book was made into a movie in November of 2008.
Though Hardwicke, director of "Twilight," would have been expected to say only great things about the film, she had said the worst, causing a stir among Twi-hard fans, including Twi-hard moms.
"Every one of those scripts sucked. Oh, Lord, did they suck. I thought the script was horrible, but then I looked it up on the Internet and I thought, 'Okay, it's based on a book and people tend to like it. There's gotta be something there,'" said Catherine when she had to rewrite the scripts for "Twilight."
Yet, that isn't even the end of it. Though she might not have said it directly, Hardwicke felt like it was her fault why the Robsten duo came to be. It's not really something to be sorry about now because the crowd loves them. Who wouldn't? It could be related to her for Kristen Stewart's ex-boyfriend, Michael Angarano.
"He's a wonderful actor. He was in 'Dogtown', one of my favorites, so I felt pretty bad because I love him and they were such a great couple," shared Hardwicke in an interview with Vulture.
Sources did say that Robert Pattinson could have been the reason between Michael and Kristen's split. Though Robert wasn't an all out clean guy himself, he was allegedly flirting with "Twilight" co-star Nikki Reed, which would bring it back to an issue a few months ago where she had called Pattinson a "liar."
Well, looking at them now, Nikki is happily married while Michael is continuing making a name for him in the indie world of films. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart on the other hand are very much in love and showing the world that romance can bloom off-screen.
"After I cast him, I told Rob, 'Don't even think about having a romance with her,' " said Hardwicke in an interview with Time. "She's under 18. You will be arrested," she continued. Regardless Catherine's earlier warning to Pattinson during the filming of "Twilight", the two have fallen head over heels for each other.
If there's one thing she should be sorry about, it would be dissing the Robsten duo and her own film. Good luck with the hoards of angry "Twilight" fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers