Teenage Driver Dies in Car Crash Near Melbourne
By Arlene Paredes | January 24, 2012 4:35 PM EST
An 18-year-old Mill Park male died in a tragic single vehicle crash, while his female companion is in the hospital over serious head injuries.
Police told AAP the teen driver's car veered off Bonds Road at Lower Plenty and crashed through a fence before rolling several times, about 10.50pm (AEDT) on Monday.
Police suspects the teen driver lost control of his car, causing him to die on the scene.
A police statement noted the driver's lone passenger has been rushed to the Royal Melbourne Hospital with serious head injuries.
The death brings Victoria's road toll to 19, six more than at the same time last year, AAP reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013