Teenage Driver Dies in Car Crash Near Melbourne
By Arlene Paredes | January 24, 2012 4:35 PM EST
An 18-year-old Mill Park male died in a tragic single vehicle crash, while his female companion is in the hospital over serious head injuries.
Police told AAP the teen driver's car veered off Bonds Road at Lower Plenty and crashed through a fence before rolling several times, about 10.50pm (AEDT) on Monday.
Police suspects the teen driver lost control of his car, causing him to die on the scene.
A police statement noted the driver's lone passenger has been rushed to the Royal Melbourne Hospital with serious head injuries.
The death brings Victoria's road toll to 19, six more than at the same time last year, AAP reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast