Teenage Driver Dies in Car Crash Near Melbourne
By Arlene Paredes | January 24, 2012 4:35 PM EST
An 18-year-old Mill Park male died in a tragic single vehicle crash, while his female companion is in the hospital over serious head injuries.
Police told AAP the teen driver's car veered off Bonds Road at Lower Plenty and crashed through a fence before rolling several times, about 10.50pm (AEDT) on Monday.
Police suspects the teen driver lost control of his car, causing him to die on the scene.
A police statement noted the driver's lone passenger has been rushed to the Royal Melbourne Hospital with serious head injuries.
The death brings Victoria's road toll to 19, six more than at the same time last year, AAP reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Australian Woman Had Daughter in MH17 & Brother in MH370
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People