New Anti Cyber-Bullying Website Is Launched To Protect Australians Online
By Christine Lazaro | January 13, 2012 8:30 PM EST
A brand new website has been launched by the Gillard Labor Government today that would aid a lot of young Australians to stay safe and protected from being bullied online.
The website called 'Easy Guide To Socialising Online' was created to assist educators, parents and their kids alike to fight against the acts of cyber bullying and protect them from having access with any inappropriate online content.
The government's allotted budget that reached an amount of $125.8 million for the realization of the website is part of the overall Cybersafety Plan developed. Its idea was taken from the recommendation of the Youth Advisory Group on Cybersafety.
The new website provides cybersafety information for 26 social networking sites, search engines and online games, and gives step by step instructions on how to report cyberbullying, abuse and inappropriate content on these sites.
It also provides clear information for parents, educators and young people on how to adjust safety and privacy settings on websites as well as tips on how to stay safe when using any social media site.
Why Cyberbullying Should Not Be Disregarded
Cyberbullying is a serious matter which is why the Government has listened to young people and produced the new guide to staying safe online.
The Government's Cybersafety Plan involves a number of important initiatives including the Easy Guide to combat online risks to children. The Cybersmart website www.cybersmart.gov.au launched two years ago, has received well over a million visits and provides access to KidsHelpline for confidential online counselling.
Since its launch 12 months ago, the Help Button has been downloaded on more than 300,000 computers across Australia.
The Cybersafety Help Button can be downloaded at www.dbcde.gov.au/helpbutton.
The new Easy Guide website address is www.dbcde.gov.au/easyguide and it can also be accessed via the Cybersafety Help Button.
For further tips on cybersecurity and safety are available at www.staysmartonline.gov.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Made Of Gold: Pre-order Available
- Frebble - Feel Your Loved Ones Touch From Far Away
- Samsung Galaxy S5’s Bold Marketing Stint; Turns Heathrow’s Terminal 5 to 'Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5'
- Cat Invasion: Someone Opens Another Cat Café; Why Do People Love Cats?
- Melbourne-Based Liquid Finds Solid Success on First Kickstarter Project
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced