iPhone Hacker Reveals More About Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 9, 2012 10:55 AM EST
The iOS developer published a recent post providing more details and information about the untethered jailbreak in the format of question and answer. Below is a copy of the blog post of pod2g.
How could pod2g have an untethered 4S and dev teams still haven't released tools to achieve this at home?
The exploit I used to inject the untethering files to the 4S relies on having a developer account, and can't be released publicly.
It's the same reason why @MuscleNerd has an iPad 2 tethered jailbreak but couldn't distribute it.
So, we need to find a distributable exploit to remount the system partition read/write and to set Corona files at the correct places.
Why A4 version of Corona was easier to release?
Because a tethered jailbreak is a good way to install Corona!
Why don't you do a tethered jailbreak then?
A tethered jailbreak also relies on an exploitable vulnerability that we still haven't found yet!
pod2g, release this stuff quick, [your insult here], I've waited enough now.
If I could, I would!
Initially, pod2g confirmed that his version of untethered jailbreak for the new mobile operating system iOS 5 will not work with iPhone 4S and iPad 2 because the devices both have A5 processors.He said that he is working on the untethered jailbreak for the latest generation of iPhone. In a post he published, he wrote, "The untether fails right now because I'm having processor cache issues. I'm close, but I can't figure out what happens. It certainly has something to do with the Cortex-A9 cache management. I could sort it out quick, it's a matter of chance. I'll report you my progress tomorrow." However, iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users were still hopeful of the new improvements on the untethered jailbreak.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2