The Future For Oprah's OWN Network This 2012 With An Unsuccessful 2011
By Christine Lazaro | January 4, 2012 3:45 PM EST
2011 was the beginning of Oprah's OWN Network but it did not turn out as good as she expected it would. This joint venture between Oprah's HARPO and Discovery took the spot of 'Discovery Health' to be able to attract a wider audience.
Discovery invested about $250 million, according to the reports made by Associated Press, but its overall rating failed by only getting 136,000 viewers during the past year.
With Oprah's name attached to the new network, it was just normal to expect the entire thing to be successful in a much faster rate than the usual. Oprah even took over as CEO and COO by July of 2011 when the ratings continued to plummet down as the year progressed. Some fans said that the concept was not organized and that it was not as focused anymore as Oprah's former show.
Oprah remains optimistic though about the network's performance according to an interview made with Associated Press but just how the OWN President Erik Logan puts it, the popular television host is honest enough to admit the mistakes done saying: "We're still learning."
In the long run, Oprah is not discouraged by the failures and setbacks they encounter along the way and that she remains committed to picking up success for the network after some time.
"I don't give up, I'm just getting started," Oprah finished off with a strong statement in one recent interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles