Scarlett Johansson on Her Failed Marriage to Ryan Reynolds: 'It's the best thing I ever did'
By Czarina Malleta | December 1, 2011 1:50 PM EST
The 27-year-old "Avengers" star opened up about her failed marriage to Ryan Reynolds saying that it was the best thing she ever did.
In her U.S. "Cosmopolitan" interview the actress put a positive note on the relationship by telling that she has learned a lot from the failed marriage and that she has no regrets on marrying "The Proposal" actor.
She recalled her 2008 wedding to Reynolds and said she is a firm believer that when something feels right, you should do it. She added that getting married at that time was the right thing to do for her because it felt natural.
"I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural," Johansson said.
"It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be." the Avengers star added.
Scarlett admits on the other hand that the marriage to Ryan wasn't as easy as she thought it would be. She shared her views on relationships and said it was complicated and that being married is a "breathing process."
On July 2011, their divorce was finalized, 3 months away from their supposedly third wedding anniversary.
She revealed that being extremely busy with their own careers and being away from each other too long was a major cause of their rift. Johansson said that although she misses having a partner by her side, she now enjoys the time alone to discover more of herself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan