Scarlett Johansson on Her Failed Marriage to Ryan Reynolds: 'It's the best thing I ever did'
By Czarina Malleta | December 1, 2011 1:50 PM EST
The 27-year-old "Avengers" star opened up about her failed marriage to Ryan Reynolds saying that it was the best thing she ever did.
In her U.S. "Cosmopolitan" interview the actress put a positive note on the relationship by telling that she has learned a lot from the failed marriage and that she has no regrets on marrying "The Proposal" actor.
She recalled her 2008 wedding to Reynolds and said she is a firm believer that when something feels right, you should do it. She added that getting married at that time was the right thing to do for her because it felt natural.
"I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural," Johansson said.
"It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be." the Avengers star added.
Scarlett admits on the other hand that the marriage to Ryan wasn't as easy as she thought it would be. She shared her views on relationships and said it was complicated and that being married is a "breathing process."
On July 2011, their divorce was finalized, 3 months away from their supposedly third wedding anniversary.
She revealed that being extremely busy with their own careers and being away from each other too long was a major cause of their rift. Johansson said that although she misses having a partner by her side, she now enjoys the time alone to discover more of herself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show to Feature Scariest Villain, Names of Season 4 Characters Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’