Scarlett Johansson on Her Failed Marriage to Ryan Reynolds: 'It's the best thing I ever did'
By Czarina Malleta | December 1, 2011 1:50 PM EST
The 27-year-old "Avengers" star opened up about her failed marriage to Ryan Reynolds saying that it was the best thing she ever did.
In her U.S. "Cosmopolitan" interview the actress put a positive note on the relationship by telling that she has learned a lot from the failed marriage and that she has no regrets on marrying "The Proposal" actor.
She recalled her 2008 wedding to Reynolds and said she is a firm believer that when something feels right, you should do it. She added that getting married at that time was the right thing to do for her because it felt natural.
"I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural," Johansson said.
"It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be." the Avengers star added.
Scarlett admits on the other hand that the marriage to Ryan wasn't as easy as she thought it would be. She shared her views on relationships and said it was complicated and that being married is a "breathing process."
On July 2011, their divorce was finalized, 3 months away from their supposedly third wedding anniversary.
She revealed that being extremely busy with their own careers and being away from each other too long was a major cause of their rift. Johansson said that although she misses having a partner by her side, she now enjoys the time alone to discover more of herself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists