Scarlett Johansson on Her Failed Marriage to Ryan Reynolds: 'It's the best thing I ever did'
By Czarina Malleta | December 1, 2011 1:50 PM EST
The 27-year-old "Avengers" star opened up about her failed marriage to Ryan Reynolds saying that it was the best thing she ever did.
In her U.S. "Cosmopolitan" interview the actress put a positive note on the relationship by telling that she has learned a lot from the failed marriage and that she has no regrets on marrying "The Proposal" actor.
She recalled her 2008 wedding to Reynolds and said she is a firm believer that when something feels right, you should do it. She added that getting married at that time was the right thing to do for her because it felt natural.
"I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural," Johansson said.
"It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be." the Avengers star added.
Scarlett admits on the other hand that the marriage to Ryan wasn't as easy as she thought it would be. She shared her views on relationships and said it was complicated and that being married is a "breathing process."
On July 2011, their divorce was finalized, 3 months away from their supposedly third wedding anniversary.
She revealed that being extremely busy with their own careers and being away from each other too long was a major cause of their rift. Johansson said that although she misses having a partner by her side, she now enjoys the time alone to discover more of herself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch