Scarlett Johansson on Her Failed Marriage to Ryan Reynolds: 'It's the best thing I ever did'
By Czarina Malleta | December 1, 2011 1:50 PM EST
The 27-year-old "Avengers" star opened up about her failed marriage to Ryan Reynolds saying that it was the best thing she ever did.
In her U.S. "Cosmopolitan" interview the actress put a positive note on the relationship by telling that she has learned a lot from the failed marriage and that she has no regrets on marrying "The Proposal" actor.
She recalled her 2008 wedding to Reynolds and said she is a firm believer that when something feels right, you should do it. She added that getting married at that time was the right thing to do for her because it felt natural.
"I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural," Johansson said.
"It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be." the Avengers star added.
Scarlett admits on the other hand that the marriage to Ryan wasn't as easy as she thought it would be. She shared her views on relationships and said it was complicated and that being married is a "breathing process."
On July 2011, their divorce was finalized, 3 months away from their supposedly third wedding anniversary.
She revealed that being extremely busy with their own careers and being away from each other too long was a major cause of their rift. Johansson said that although she misses having a partner by her side, she now enjoys the time alone to discover more of herself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans