Your Handwriting: A Key to Your Personality ?
By Jackie Bargas | November 18, 2011 12:56 PM EST
Most everything you do is a manifestation of who you are. Even the most ordinary and commonplace such as writing in cursive can be a revelatory experience.
Graphologist Kathi McKnight explains some basic concepts into handwriting analysis.
People's handwritings sometimes lean to one side when writing in cursive. If yours tends to lean a little bit to the right, you are most probably a social butterfly and approach the world with an attitude evoking openness. If your handwriting leans to the left, you are more of a loner type who doesn't like to be in the limelight.
However, if you are right handed but your handwriting leans to the left, you may be expressing a bit of your rebellious nature. If your handwriting is upright, it implies a logical and practical nature. You also guard your emotions well.
The size of your letters also matter. If you are used to writing in big, bold letters, that corresponds to a bigger personality. People who write in a tighter, smaller letters are much more introspective and focused.
There's a good chance that they are also shy and reserved. An average sized letter can mean that you are adaptable and pretty much well-rounded.
The appearance of your cursive letter "s" also plays into graphology. A smooth, rounded out "s" can correspond to someone who's a people pleaser. It can also mean that you hate conflict and would go to great lengths to not be involved in one. A tense, pointy "s" calls for a much more curious person in terms of intellectual pursuits. The higher and pointier the tops of your letter, the more ambitious you are.
These are just some of the introductory tips that McKnight shares. Next time you write to someone, try analyzing your own handwriting to see if these tips are accurate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers