Your Handwriting: A Key to Your Personality ?
By Jackie Bargas | November 18, 2011 12:56 PM EST
Most everything you do is a manifestation of who you are. Even the most ordinary and commonplace such as writing in cursive can be a revelatory experience.
Graphologist Kathi McKnight explains some basic concepts into handwriting analysis.
People's handwritings sometimes lean to one side when writing in cursive. If yours tends to lean a little bit to the right, you are most probably a social butterfly and approach the world with an attitude evoking openness. If your handwriting leans to the left, you are more of a loner type who doesn't like to be in the limelight.
However, if you are right handed but your handwriting leans to the left, you may be expressing a bit of your rebellious nature. If your handwriting is upright, it implies a logical and practical nature. You also guard your emotions well.
The size of your letters also matter. If you are used to writing in big, bold letters, that corresponds to a bigger personality. People who write in a tighter, smaller letters are much more introspective and focused.
There's a good chance that they are also shy and reserved. An average sized letter can mean that you are adaptable and pretty much well-rounded.
The appearance of your cursive letter "s" also plays into graphology. A smooth, rounded out "s" can correspond to someone who's a people pleaser. It can also mean that you hate conflict and would go to great lengths to not be involved in one. A tense, pointy "s" calls for a much more curious person in terms of intellectual pursuits. The higher and pointier the tops of your letter, the more ambitious you are.
These are just some of the introductory tips that McKnight shares. Next time you write to someone, try analyzing your own handwriting to see if these tips are accurate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS