Dr. Conrad Murray Prays as Jury Deliberates
By Diadem Pambid | November 7, 2011 5:37 PM EST
Sitting uncomfortably at the center of the Michael Jackson controversy at this moment is Dr. Conrad Murray. What's a man to do as a last resort? Pray, of course.
Before jury deliberations in his involuntary manslaughter trial resume Monday, Murray spent his Sunday morning at a Los Angeles church service.
According to E!, an eyewitness spotted him together with his girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez, at the 11 a.m. prayer service at the West Angeles Church on Crenshaw Boulevard.
However, during the sermon, Murray was on the run.
The minister encouraged parishioners who wanted "a change in their life" to get up and run around the premises. Murray, too, got up from his seat and joined friends in this spirited portion of the service.
The eyewitness says, "He had his hands up in the air and did a lap."
In a more serious part during the altar call, the physician had a word with the pastor, Reverend John White, in private. White apparently gave Murray a few encouraging words of wisdom.
"So if you chase Jesus, he will make the spotlight come on you. And guess what, when you get up there, you won't come tumbling down in the news. I speak to you, sir: The word of God can wipe the slate clean."
As he clapped along with others on the entire duration of service, the doctor was merry and energetic, something that he would need in abundance.
Seven men and five women meet at 8 a.m. Monday Pacific Time to continue their deliberations for Murray's fate.
Murray previously refused to give any more statements on the stand.
It must be noted that in the court of public opinion, he is already somewhat found guilty.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Beating Postnatal Depression Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Seasonal Flu Kills Hundreds In New Zealand Every Year
- Girl Gives Free Testicle Exams On International Men’s Day For Charity, Simple Pickup Donates To Movember
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change