Dr. Conrad Murray Prays as Jury Deliberates
By Diadem Pambid | November 7, 2011 5:37 PM EST
Sitting uncomfortably at the center of the Michael Jackson controversy at this moment is Dr. Conrad Murray. What's a man to do as a last resort? Pray, of course.
Before jury deliberations in his involuntary manslaughter trial resume Monday, Murray spent his Sunday morning at a Los Angeles church service.
According to E!, an eyewitness spotted him together with his girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez, at the 11 a.m. prayer service at the West Angeles Church on Crenshaw Boulevard.
However, during the sermon, Murray was on the run.
The minister encouraged parishioners who wanted "a change in their life" to get up and run around the premises. Murray, too, got up from his seat and joined friends in this spirited portion of the service.
The eyewitness says, "He had his hands up in the air and did a lap."
In a more serious part during the altar call, the physician had a word with the pastor, Reverend John White, in private. White apparently gave Murray a few encouraging words of wisdom.
"So if you chase Jesus, he will make the spotlight come on you. And guess what, when you get up there, you won't come tumbling down in the news. I speak to you, sir: The word of God can wipe the slate clean."
As he clapped along with others on the entire duration of service, the doctor was merry and energetic, something that he would need in abundance.
Seven men and five women meet at 8 a.m. Monday Pacific Time to continue their deliberations for Murray's fate.
Murray previously refused to give any more statements on the stand.
It must be noted that in the court of public opinion, he is already somewhat found guilty.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: Ebola Spreads Through Sneeze and Cough Droplets And Toilet Seats
- New Zealand Develops New Drug To Fight 'Superbugs'
- Australia Does Not Have Ebola Drug ZMapp And That Is Alright, Experts Say
- New Zealand PM Calls Homeopathic Remedy For Ebola 'Barking Mad'
- Australia In Talks With Gates Foundation For Possible Ebola Vaccine Extracted From Survivors
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists