Dr. Conrad Murray Prays as Jury Deliberates
By Diadem Pambid | November 7, 2011 5:37 PM EST
Sitting uncomfortably at the center of the Michael Jackson controversy at this moment is Dr. Conrad Murray. What's a man to do as a last resort? Pray, of course.
Before jury deliberations in his involuntary manslaughter trial resume Monday, Murray spent his Sunday morning at a Los Angeles church service.
According to E!, an eyewitness spotted him together with his girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez, at the 11 a.m. prayer service at the West Angeles Church on Crenshaw Boulevard.
However, during the sermon, Murray was on the run.
The minister encouraged parishioners who wanted "a change in their life" to get up and run around the premises. Murray, too, got up from his seat and joined friends in this spirited portion of the service.
The eyewitness says, "He had his hands up in the air and did a lap."
In a more serious part during the altar call, the physician had a word with the pastor, Reverend John White, in private. White apparently gave Murray a few encouraging words of wisdom.
"So if you chase Jesus, he will make the spotlight come on you. And guess what, when you get up there, you won't come tumbling down in the news. I speak to you, sir: The word of God can wipe the slate clean."
As he clapped along with others on the entire duration of service, the doctor was merry and energetic, something that he would need in abundance.
Seven men and five women meet at 8 a.m. Monday Pacific Time to continue their deliberations for Murray's fate.
Murray previously refused to give any more statements on the stand.
It must be noted that in the court of public opinion, he is already somewhat found guilty.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: Modified Gene Therapy Causing Resistance And Mysterious Enzyme Could Unlock Effective Treatment
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Pregnancy Nausea Should Not Be Called 'Morning Sickness' Because It Lasts All Day
- Beating Postnatal Depression Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports