Will Smith: An 'Independence Day' Sequel?
By Mateo Fabregas | October 28, 2011 3:30 PM EST
There's talk circulating in the industry that they'll be making a sequel to the 1996 alien brain-crushing "Independence Day." Well, the rumors are true. They are going to be making, not one but two installments of the film. But don't get too excited there, E.T. fans, for they're not shooting them anytime soon.
Given recent studio obsessions with the 3D technology, there's no doubt that these films are going to be in production and they also might be in 3D. 20th Century Fox is rumoured to develop the film back-to-back, with both films having Will Smith in the lead and original director Roland Emmerich also on board. This might be another recipe for success for the duo, but there's still no talk whether the old cast members are going to be involved though.
We have yet to see if all this talk will materialize into something tangible, and if Smith decides not to join in the sequels then I highly doubt that anyone would want to direct the film. Everyone is expecting Smith to reprise his role as Capt. Steven Hiller, but if he doesn't, maybe Chris Tucker can do the job.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected