Will Smith: An 'Independence Day' Sequel?
By Mateo Fabregas | October 28, 2011 3:30 PM EST
There's talk circulating in the industry that they'll be making a sequel to the 1996 alien brain-crushing "Independence Day." Well, the rumors are true. They are going to be making, not one but two installments of the film. But don't get too excited there, E.T. fans, for they're not shooting them anytime soon.
Given recent studio obsessions with the 3D technology, there's no doubt that these films are going to be in production and they also might be in 3D. 20th Century Fox is rumoured to develop the film back-to-back, with both films having Will Smith in the lead and original director Roland Emmerich also on board. This might be another recipe for success for the duo, but there's still no talk whether the old cast members are going to be involved though.
We have yet to see if all this talk will materialize into something tangible, and if Smith decides not to join in the sequels then I highly doubt that anyone would want to direct the film. Everyone is expecting Smith to reprise his role as Capt. Steven Hiller, but if he doesn't, maybe Chris Tucker can do the job.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28