Las Vegas Man Needs US$1 Million to Correct His 45kg Scrotum
By Anne Witter | October 20, 2011 9:44 AM EST
A Las Vegas man whose scrotum has severely swollen and now weighs over 45kg has broadcasted his plea for support, as he needs $US1 million for a scrotal surgery to correct his condition.
Wesley Warren Jr, 47, chose to face public attention and explained his condition, scrotal elephantiasis, because he currently does not have the resources for a very costly surgery to repair his scrotum.
Warren's scrotum has grown so massive that a normal lifestyle has become impossible for him. He has trouble walking and using the bathroom. He developed the rare condition three years ago.
"It's not easy to get around," he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "It makes me stay in most of the time."
Warren, however, is quick to clarify that he is of sound mind despite his depression and desperate need for help.
"I want to have real friends and a relationship with a woman," he told Las Vegas Review-Journal. "But I'm not suicidal. I'm too strong for that."
Warren has also gone on Howard Stern's radio and cable TV show to raise awareness of his medical condition and seek financial support from good samaritans.
"I don't like being a freak, who would?" he said. "But I figured that the Stern show is listened to by millions of people and they might want to help me. I hope some millionaire or billionaire will want to help me."
Warren's condition is usually caused by a mosquito-spread parasitic infection, which is very rare anywhere outside the tropical areas of Africa and Asia. But Warren feared his condition was caused by a bed accident in 2008, when he caught his testicles with his leg while twisting in bed. He said his scrotum had grown to "the size of a soccer ball" and continued growing since the morning after the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Declares Nigeria Ebola-Free, Urges Other Nations To Replicate Success Story
- Family Of Ebola Nurse Patient Hires Lawyer To Clear Things Up, Refutes CDC Claims; Agency Revises Guidelines
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop