Las Vegas Man Needs US$1 Million to Correct His 45kg Scrotum
By Anne Witter | October 20, 2011 9:44 AM EST
A Las Vegas man whose scrotum has severely swollen and now weighs over 45kg has broadcasted his plea for support, as he needs $US1 million for a scrotal surgery to correct his condition.
Wesley Warren Jr, 47, chose to face public attention and explained his condition, scrotal elephantiasis, because he currently does not have the resources for a very costly surgery to repair his scrotum.
Warren's scrotum has grown so massive that a normal lifestyle has become impossible for him. He has trouble walking and using the bathroom. He developed the rare condition three years ago.
"It's not easy to get around," he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "It makes me stay in most of the time."
Warren, however, is quick to clarify that he is of sound mind despite his depression and desperate need for help.
"I want to have real friends and a relationship with a woman," he told Las Vegas Review-Journal. "But I'm not suicidal. I'm too strong for that."
Warren has also gone on Howard Stern's radio and cable TV show to raise awareness of his medical condition and seek financial support from good samaritans.
"I don't like being a freak, who would?" he said. "But I figured that the Stern show is listened to by millions of people and they might want to help me. I hope some millionaire or billionaire will want to help me."
Warren's condition is usually caused by a mosquito-spread parasitic infection, which is very rare anywhere outside the tropical areas of Africa and Asia. But Warren feared his condition was caused by a bed accident in 2008, when he caught his testicles with his leg while twisting in bed. He said his scrotum had grown to "the size of a soccer ball" and continued growing since the morning after the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies