Las Vegas Man Needs US$1 Million to Correct His 45kg Scrotum
By Anne Witter | October 20, 2011 9:44 AM EST
A Las Vegas man whose scrotum has severely swollen and now weighs over 45kg has broadcasted his plea for support, as he needs $US1 million for a scrotal surgery to correct his condition.
Wesley Warren Jr, 47, chose to face public attention and explained his condition, scrotal elephantiasis, because he currently does not have the resources for a very costly surgery to repair his scrotum.
Warren's scrotum has grown so massive that a normal lifestyle has become impossible for him. He has trouble walking and using the bathroom. He developed the rare condition three years ago.
"It's not easy to get around," he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "It makes me stay in most of the time."
Warren, however, is quick to clarify that he is of sound mind despite his depression and desperate need for help.
"I want to have real friends and a relationship with a woman," he told Las Vegas Review-Journal. "But I'm not suicidal. I'm too strong for that."
Warren has also gone on Howard Stern's radio and cable TV show to raise awareness of his medical condition and seek financial support from good samaritans.
"I don't like being a freak, who would?" he said. "But I figured that the Stern show is listened to by millions of people and they might want to help me. I hope some millionaire or billionaire will want to help me."
Warren's condition is usually caused by a mosquito-spread parasitic infection, which is very rare anywhere outside the tropical areas of Africa and Asia. But Warren feared his condition was caused by a bed accident in 2008, when he caught his testicles with his leg while twisting in bed. He said his scrotum had grown to "the size of a soccer ball" and continued growing since the morning after the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Great-Grandma With Dementia Writes Moving Letter Before Taking Life
- 'Game Of Thrones' Cast Members Nominate Each Other For ALS Ice Bucket Challenge [VIDEOS]
- Refraining from Your Regular Quota of Instant Noodles Might Save Your Life
- Smartphone-Linked 'Bionic' Pancreas More Effective In Diabetes: NSW Researchers
- Your Hairdryer Could Make You Deaf, New Survey
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko