Las Vegas Man Needs US$1 Million to Correct His 45kg Scrotum
By Anne Witter | October 20, 2011 9:44 AM EST
A Las Vegas man whose scrotum has severely swollen and now weighs over 45kg has broadcasted his plea for support, as he needs $US1 million for a scrotal surgery to correct his condition.
Wesley Warren Jr, 47, chose to face public attention and explained his condition, scrotal elephantiasis, because he currently does not have the resources for a very costly surgery to repair his scrotum.
Warren's scrotum has grown so massive that a normal lifestyle has become impossible for him. He has trouble walking and using the bathroom. He developed the rare condition three years ago.
"It's not easy to get around," he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "It makes me stay in most of the time."
Warren, however, is quick to clarify that he is of sound mind despite his depression and desperate need for help.
"I want to have real friends and a relationship with a woman," he told Las Vegas Review-Journal. "But I'm not suicidal. I'm too strong for that."
Warren has also gone on Howard Stern's radio and cable TV show to raise awareness of his medical condition and seek financial support from good samaritans.
"I don't like being a freak, who would?" he said. "But I figured that the Stern show is listened to by millions of people and they might want to help me. I hope some millionaire or billionaire will want to help me."
Warren's condition is usually caused by a mosquito-spread parasitic infection, which is very rare anywhere outside the tropical areas of Africa and Asia. But Warren feared his condition was caused by a bed accident in 2008, when he caught his testicles with his leg while twisting in bed. He said his scrotum had grown to "the size of a soccer ball" and continued growing since the morning after the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner's Secret To A Slim and Sexy Body: All About Her Diet And Fitness Routine [Watch Video]
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Sleep Deprivation Among Teens Is The Main Cause of Low Academic Performance, Bad Behaviour And Lethargy, Finds Study
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- 5 Myths About The Gluten-Free Diet Every Fad Fanatic Should Know
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate