Las Vegas Man Needs US$1 Million to Correct His 45kg Scrotum
By Anne Witter | October 20, 2011 9:44 AM EST
A Las Vegas man whose scrotum has severely swollen and now weighs over 45kg has broadcasted his plea for support, as he needs $US1 million for a scrotal surgery to correct his condition.
Wesley Warren Jr, 47, chose to face public attention and explained his condition, scrotal elephantiasis, because he currently does not have the resources for a very costly surgery to repair his scrotum.
Warren's scrotum has grown so massive that a normal lifestyle has become impossible for him. He has trouble walking and using the bathroom. He developed the rare condition three years ago.
"It's not easy to get around," he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "It makes me stay in most of the time."
Warren, however, is quick to clarify that he is of sound mind despite his depression and desperate need for help.
"I want to have real friends and a relationship with a woman," he told Las Vegas Review-Journal. "But I'm not suicidal. I'm too strong for that."
Warren has also gone on Howard Stern's radio and cable TV show to raise awareness of his medical condition and seek financial support from good samaritans.
"I don't like being a freak, who would?" he said. "But I figured that the Stern show is listened to by millions of people and they might want to help me. I hope some millionaire or billionaire will want to help me."
Warren's condition is usually caused by a mosquito-spread parasitic infection, which is very rare anywhere outside the tropical areas of Africa and Asia. But Warren feared his condition was caused by a bed accident in 2008, when he caught his testicles with his leg while twisting in bed. He said his scrotum had grown to "the size of a soccer ball" and continued growing since the morning after the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Star Kourtney Kardashian Blamed For Khloe's Weight Gain Through Social Media Messages
- Peter Quillin Claims That Adriana Lima Will Beat Gisele In The Boxing Ring; Adriana's Weight Loss Through Boxing and A Paleo Diet
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Jennifer Lopez's Diet and Fitness Secrets Revealed: Ways by Which She Keeps Her Lower Body Toned
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1