Steve Jobs Philanthropic Records Slim
By Kristin Mariano | October 10, 2011 2:21 PM EST
Just like other aspects of Steve Jobs' life, his gift giving was kept in secret.
It seems that Steve Jobs did not give much to charity and conduct other philanthropic acts as there has been scarce news about his gift giving and he canceled Apple's charitable initiatives when he was reinstated as CEO in 1997.
Unlike other personalities in the technology business such as Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg who signed to Warren Buffet's Giving Pledge, which aims to make world's richest billionaires to give at least half of their wealth to charity.
Moreover, Steve Jobs' name is also not in the list Indiana University's Center on Philanthropy.
Time's publication reported that Apple gained a profit of $14 billion but did not give a single cent to charity as there were no public records of Jobs' gift giving.
However, there are claims that Steve Jobs and Apple made significant contributions to various causes. According to U2 lead singer and known activist Bono, Steve Jobs and Apple have made valuable contributions to the society's fight against HIV and AIDS.
Last summer, Apple started a program called "matching gifts," wherein donations to philanthropies made by employees are matched by the company.
With the aforementioned instances, what will happen to Jobs' $8.3 billion?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate