Japan merchandise trade balance
September 21, 2011 10:35 AM EST
Japan's merchandise trade balance declined to -775.3 billion yen in August, compared with a previous reading of 72.5 billion yen in July that was revised to 70.0 billion yen, while the analyst's expectations referred to -300.0 billion yen.
Japan's adjusted merchandise trade balance also dropped to -294.4 billion yen in August, comparing with a prior drop 130.5 billion yen during July, which was revised to -160.2 billion yen, and the actual reading came lower than analyst's expectations that predicted of -22.1 billion yen.
Furthermore, the Japan's merchandise trade exports (YoY) jumped 2.8% during the month of August, compared with a previous -3.4% a year earlier, while the expectations estimates of 8.0%. Further, the Japan's merchandise trade imports (YoY) came at 19.2% in August more than the prior reading 9.9% and analysts' forecasts 14.3%.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge